Sökning: "Russia foreign policy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 68 uppsatser innehållade orden Russia foreign policy.
1. Why Libya, but not Syria or Venezuela? : A case study regarding Russia's inconsistent reaction to The Responsibility to Protect doctrineMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : By agreeing to The Responsibility to Protect doctrine (R2P) at the United Nations World Summit in 2005, and later adopting a resolution reaffirming the support, the Russian federation accepted a responsibility of the international community to protect populations of other states, if the state itself manifestly fails to protect its own populations. However, Russia has acted in an inconsistent way by exercising its commitment to the R2P principle occasionally. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : In the information age, media has come to be recognized as a credible mean and foreign policy tool to pursue soft power. Authoritarian states like Russia are competing in the realm of ideas through state-funded news outlets such as Russia Today (RT). LÄS MER
3. An analysis of foreign involvement within the Syria conflict. : Why had the United States and Russia a foreign interest in Syria.Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : This study offers an alternative analysis of the current literature regarding foreign involvement in the Syria civil war. The initials briefly describe the current situation in Syria, international relations and why the conflict is interesting to analyse from a scientific standpoint. LÄS MER
4. Avoiding geopolitical self-destruction in the 21st century: How pragmatic idealism accounts for Sweden's neutrality in regards to its actions following the 2014 Russian annexation of CrimeaKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This thesis intended to examine how the actions of Sweden, following the 2014 Russian annexation of Crimea, fit within the international relations theoretical perspective of pragmatic idealism, focusing on the actions of Sweden's foreign policy that impacted its neutrality policy. This thesis is built upon the pragmatic idealism theoretical perspective of international relations, and attempted to address how this perspective accounted for, or failed to account for the actions of Sweden in the face of the escalating Russian threat. LÄS MER
5. Russia's exercise of power : A comparative case study of Russia's use of command power, soft power and smart power in Georgia and UkraineKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Despite a vast research of Russia’s means of power, including its military interventions in Georgia and Ukraine, no comprehensive comparison of Russia’s exercise of power in Georgia and Ukraine has been accomplished, even though they are the most prominent cases of post-Soviet states that have been subjects for Russian military aggression. This study compares the forms of power Russia has been using to implement its foreign policy objectives in Ukraine and Georgia, in order to identify Russia’s power-related behavior and strategies, through an abductive qualitative approach with a comparative method. LÄS MER