Sökning: "Russian identity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 29 uppsatser innehållade orden Russian identity.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Religionshistoria
Sammanfattning : The Russian Orthodox Church has had an incredibly fascinating story during its long history in Russia, where its status, political as well as economic power has drastically changed over the course of its existence. The church has gone from being almost completely undistinguishable from the sovereign power during the Russian Empire to nearly being completely wiped out by the times of the communist regime in the soviet era, who saw it as a threat to the revolutionary ideas. LÄS MER
2. The Other Within Us – A Narrative Analysis of Self- and Other-Identification on Social Media by Actors Involved in the Conflict in Eastern UkraineMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Europastudier
Sammanfattning : This study examines narratives of Self- and Other-identification in social media content of actors, directly and indirectly involved in the conflict in eastern Ukraine. The aim is to shed light on how social media can be instrumentalised as a means of constructing Self and Other in the context of ongoing conflict. LÄS MER
3. Strategic narratives and public diplomacy in the Russian news media portrayal of Sweden: case of Russia TodayMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : With the changes in the means and the scope of global communication, images and stories, promoted by political elites are gaining real influence not only on hearts and minds but also on the policy-making in the international setting. In the twenty-first century, the concern of “whose story wins” has started to dominate the field of public diplomacy. LÄS MER
4. Extremism amid Uncertainty? A Case Study of Fighters' Motivations to join the Right Sector's Volunteer Ukrainian CorpsKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : In response to the conflict in eastern Ukraine that began in April 2014, thousands of Ukrainians voluntarily enrolled to various paramilitary battalions. Except the Right Sector’s Volunteer Ukrainian Corps, all battalions have been incorporated into official defense and security structures. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This thesis makes a contribution to the vast field of International Relations research conducted on Russia and its neighbors. Following constructivist scholarship focusing particularly on national interests, state identities, and the concept of ‘us and them’, the research shines light on how Russia has positioned itself in regards to the Europeanization process of neighboring Georgia. LÄS MER