Sökning: "Saccharina latissima"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 uppsatser innehållade orden Saccharina latissima.
1. Seaweed with several benefits A qualitative study about companies’ interest in an environmental project of seaweed cultivations and important factors to consider when formulating a sustainable value proposition of the concept.Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Climate change calls for urgent responsibility, not at least from companies, and limitingactivities is vital to not suppress Earth's systems. Carbon offsetting is a short-term solutionused by companies to lower its environmental impact, but new innovations are needed.Multiple researchers have stated several environmental benefits with seaweed, e.g. LÄS MER
2. Feeding brown algae and brown algae extracts from Saccharina Latissima to Broiler breeders : effects on transfer of antibodies and nutrients from hen to eggMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Nutrition and Management
Sammanfattning : Brown algae and extracts of algae have been proved to have prebiotic effects. Seaweeds grow very fast and underwater. This is good from a sustainable point of view since algae do not need fertilizers, freshwater or agricultural land for growth. Brown algae is rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals, and has an especially high content of iodine. LÄS MER
3. Possibilities of three Swedish wild grown macroalgae : a study of three wild grown macroalgae in Swedish water,Saccharina latissima, Ulva lactuca and Palmaria palmata, andthe potential of uses in aspect of nutritionKandidat-uppsats, SLU/Department of Molecular Sciences
Sammanfattning : Macroalgae are an important energy source in several parts of the world and the popularity of algae has increased because of the specific properties. Due to the good gelling properties of macroalgae, algae derived products such as alginates can be used as additives commonly used as stabilizers in several food items. LÄS MER
4. Seaweed as a future food : a nutritional perspective with focus on seaweed aquaculture in ScandinaviaKandidat-uppsats, SLU/Department of Molecular Sciences
Sammanfattning : Edible seaweeds or macroalgae have been a staple food for many centuries in parts of East Asia and have recently started to gain attraction in Europe. Seaweed aquaculture is a well-established food production system in many East Asian countries but has only recently started in Scandinavia. LÄS MER
5. The feasibility of using macroalgae from anaerobic digestion as fertilizer in Grenada : A literature study of the potential use of residue as fertilizer in Grenada, and a complementary laboratory study to evaluate the biogas potentialKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik; KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : Coastal areas in Grenada and the Caribbean are experiencing an abundance of stranded macroalgae. Climate change and eutrophication are probable causes of this inconvenience. This leads to logistic and economic dilemmas for the Caribbean societies. LÄS MER