Sökning: "Second-class citizens"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 uppsatser innehållade orden Second-class citizens.
1. Am I not a woman even when I am pregnant?: An analysis of the development of fetal rights in policy documents in Europe and how pregnant women are fetal containers and second-class citizensMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on the development of fetal rights in policy documents in Europe and how fetal rights and the protection of fetal life can be a part of the discussion of how pregnant women are associated with being “fetal containers” and(/or) “second-class citizens”. The study aims to identify different articles and paragraphs in policy documents that can identify the connection between fetal rights and pregnancy rights and how pregnant women are “fetal containers” and(/or) “second-class citizens”. LÄS MER
2. Shopping Experience in Central and Eastern Europe: Second - class Europeans in a Union of Equals?Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Over the past few years the EU has seen a surge in reports showing that analogical products of dual quality are being sold in different parts of the Union. An East – West divide has been noticed in the way that products of identical branding and packaging are of poorer quality in the Central and Eastern European shops, but not in the Western ones. LÄS MER
3. Laget Sverige : En etnografisk studie av de människor som nekats sjukersättning av FörsäkringskassanKandidat-uppsats, Teologiska högskolan Stockholm/Avdelningen för mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : The study aims to analyze claimants encounter with Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) drawing on theories of power. It investigates how this contact has affected the claimants’ view of themselves as contributing citizens. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : Abstract: This essay studies the significance of acting and performing in relation to selftransformationand the search for an identity in Hanif Kureishi’s The Buddha of Suburbia. Ituses Judith Butler’s discussions on moral responsibility and gender performances, in order toinvestigate how the characters negotiate their identities and draws on Edward Said’sdiscussion on Orientalism to establish how the novel uses stereotypes as a way ofundermining stereotyping and Orientalist learning. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : The Hippocratic Corpus is a collection of approximately sixty medical treatises that were written by the Hippocratics during the Classical period of Greece. The Hippocratics were a group of practicing physicians and are today considered as one of the first Greek scientists. LÄS MER