Sökning: "Sierra Leone"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 99 uppsatser innehållade orden Sierra Leone.
- L2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Denna uppsats är en komparativ studie av övergångsrättviseprocesserna i Sydafrika 1990–2005, Sierra Leone 1999-2014 och Burundi 2000-2015 utifrån dess inkluderande respektive exkluderande natur. Uppsatsen ämnar undersöka korrelationen mellan en inkluderande respektive exkluderande övergångsrättviseprocess och graden av frihet i landet. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : Is the inclusion of social provisions in peace agreements influenced by the participation of women, and if so, why? It is suggested that if women participate in the negotiation, the agreement is likely to broaden with social provisions. But our understanding regarding why social provisions are shaped by the participation of women is still limited as previous research rarely looked at this phenomenon. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : Forced marriage is one of the newest crimes to be tried as a crime against humanity before an international court. During the Sierra Leone civil war, victims of sexual violence were often referred to as ‘bush wives’ or ‘rebel wives’. LÄS MER
4. Do men have any influence in stopping women and girls from undergoing FGM in Sierra Leone? The case of Mabonkani Village in Bombali DistrictMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : ABSTRACT “FGM is known to have no health benefits and has serious, immediate and long-term physical and psychological health consequences, which can be severe, including post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety and reduced desire or sexual satisfaction” (28 Too Many, 2014, p5). This master thesis is an attempt to gain male perspectives in strategies to eradicate Female Genital Mutilation, FGM. LÄS MER
5. Socio-Economic Determinants of Ebola Outbreak Intensity and Severity: A Study of the West-African Outbreak in 2013-2016Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study uses a specifically constructed sub-national dataset on Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak cases, deaths, and CFR in order to look at the question of how important various socio-economic factors were in determining the intensity and severity of the 2013-2016 EVD outbreak in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. The results of the OLS model shows that the socio-economic conditions in different regions of the country were important indicators of the number of reported cases and deaths. LÄS MER