Sökning: "Similar languages"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 169 uppsatser innehållade orden Similar languages.
1. ALTERNANCE CODIQUE EN FRANÇAIS L3. Étude de la production orale d'apprenants russophones en BiélorussieKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : The aim of the present essay is to contribute to the understanding of cross-linguisticinfluence in general, and more precisely in the acquisition of French L3 by Russianspeaking learners. Williams & Hammarberg (1998) put forward that the source languages, L1 and L2, take on different roles during oral L3 production of multilingual speakers, either as supplier or instrumental. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Allmän språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : A study on the online process of producing idioms in writing and how second language learners manage the production and comprehension of idioms may provide a useful and comprehensive investigation of the production, comprehension and acquisition of language. The study in this paper investigated how Swedish (L1) second language learners of English (L2) produce and comprehend written idioms in the L2. LÄS MER
3. Portraying characteristics in English translation of Japanese : A case study of the speech of Kobayashi Midori in Murakami Haruki's Norwegian WoodKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Japanska
Sammanfattning : The distinguishing traits of characters in novels may appear to change in translation. One of the main means of conveying the individualities, personalities and moral qualities of characters is through dialogue, using the possibilities opened by, for example, the selection of register and use of gendered language. LÄS MER
4. Homo Europaeus som författare : Litterära undersökningar av den svensk-europeiska författarens syn på europeisk identitet och gemenskapMagister-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Litteraturvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyses four European writers, whose common denominator is that they have moved to Sweden from other European countries and chosen to write in Swedish: Caterina Pascual Söderbaum, Theodor Kallifatides, Gabriela Melinescu and Sigrid Combüchen. Focus lies on novels published by the authors in the 21st century. LÄS MER
5. Walking and Wandering among Mountains and Monsters : A study of metaphors and lexical variation in translation in a text about the Lake DistrictMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : This essay studies the translation of metaphorical concepts and lexical variation in relation to walking in a text about hiking in the Lake District. These two linguistic features are deemed to be important in fulfilling the communicative intention of the source text and the aim of the essay is to investigate to what extent these two linguistic features have been retained translation and what motivates different translation strategies. LÄS MER