Sökning: "Small-scale development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 507 uppsatser innehållade orden Small-scale development.
1. The indirect effects of Covid-19 : Small-scale farmers and food security in Babati District, TanzaniaKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Miljövetenskap
Sammanfattning : Covid-19 and the worldwide pandemic have had direct- and indirect effects on people globally. Not least for people in the global south who are mainly affected by the indirect effects that have come from the restrictions of the governments. LÄS MER
2. Managing trees and power relations : analysing power in two tree restoration projects in central TanzaniaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Nature restoration and carbon forestry projects in the Global South are considered central tools for climate change mitigation and adaptation. Proponents claim that projects have the potential to deliver win-win solutions, supporting poverty alleviation and local empowerment in addition to environmental benefits and carbon sequestration. LÄS MER
3. Bonderevolt eller överlevnadskreativitet : en studie om mjölkproducenters resa till egen förädling av gårdens mjölkMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : I denna uppsats undersöks mjölkgårdar som investerat i och utvecklat förädling av gårdarnas egen mjölk. Fyra mjölkgårdar har besökts och där har jag genomfört djupgående intervjuer och observationer i två dagar på vardera gård. LÄS MER
4. Local NGOs combat against Child Labour : A case study in Mwanza, TanzaniaKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Children engage in paid and unpaid work that is damaging to them daily all around the world. They are categorized as child laborers, however when they are either too young to work or are engaged in dangerous activities that may jeopardize their physical, mental, social or educational development (Unicef 2021). LÄS MER
5. Socioeconomic impacts of the Ten Billion Tree Tsunami (TBTT) plantation project on the participating communitiesMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Tree plantations are regarded as one of the key components to fight the environmental challenges. Such plantations may impact the livelihoods of the local populations in both positive and negative ways. LÄS MER