Sökning: "Social Movement Theory"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 355 uppsatser innehållade orden Social Movement Theory.
1. Piecing the Puzzle: Restorative Justice with Children and Young Offenders in Scandinavia, an Interview Study with ProfessionalsMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The modern roots of restorative justice in Scandinavia go back to the emergence of the mediationmovement in Norway in the mid 1970s (Miers, 2001), a process that reached Sweden in the late 1980s(Wahlin, 2005). Victim Offender Mediation (VOM) in Sweden, and Youth Punishment (YP) inNorway, are some of the processes based on the primary components of restorative justice. LÄS MER
2. Hybridization of the Self, Colonial Discourse and the Deconstruction of Value Systems : A Postcolonial Literary Theory Perspective of Literature inculpating ColonialismKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : The aim of this essay is to provide a perspective on literature inculpating colonialism using postcolonial literary theory and method. The subject material incorporates four novels studied during the literature modules for the English course at Högskolan Gävle (HIG). LÄS MER
3. Be better than nationalism: overcoming economic inequality for international solidarity. Using social movement theory to deconstruct the cultural ideology of the Alternative for GermanyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : This thesis advocates for the evaluation of current sociopolitical conflicts through the lens of social movement theory, as a decisive path to deconstruct the premises of the German right-wing party Alternative for Germany (Alternative für Deutschland, AfD). The party is conceptualized as an institutionalized social movement, which is insufficiently answering public material grievances caused by economic inequality with the cultural response of nationalistic solidarity. LÄS MER
4. ACCOMMODATION, CONTENTION, AND TRANSFORMATION – MAPPING THE FIELD OF GREEN TRANSITION POLITICS IN DENMARK FROM 2007 to 2020Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Sociologi
Sammanfattning : Climate change has become an all-encompassing problem as CO2 accumulating in the atmosphere sets the pace of temperature increases in our rapidly warming world. In attempting to make society ‘green,’ environmental movements have pursued different strategies through different political constellations. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies the ‘Black Lives Matter’ movement and what achievements it has been able to accomplish related to its objectives, in order to create a better under- standing of how new social movements work and what they can accomplish. The objectives and achievements were divided into different categories: cultural recognition, physical security, socio-economic, and other. LÄS MER