Sökning: "Socio-economic deprivation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden Socio-economic deprivation.
1. Social Change of an Indigenous Community: A case study of the community-based cooperative "Millennial Women" in Oaxaca, MexicoKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi
Sammanfattning : Mexico has a large share of indigenous people that are living in disproportionally high poverty levels. As a result, rural communities are facing deprivation of indigenous peoples in search of work in urban areas. LÄS MER
2. Refugee or just Stateless? - A Study of International Refugee Law in relation to Stateless Persons and Socio-Economic DeprivationUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : Statelessness restricts the access of many rights, such as education and employment, which leads to many stateless persons finding themselves in socio-economic deprivation. The predicament of socio-economic deprivation can become so acute as to force people to cross international borders to seek protection elsewhere, for example as refugees. LÄS MER
3. Protection from refoulement for victims of human trafficking - An analysis of the principles under the Refugee Convention and the ECHRUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : Being a victim of trafficking for sexual purposes could mean being subject to the most flagrant human rights violations there is, such as forced prostitution, rape, physical violence and sexual enslavement. After escaping captivity, the victim needs both social and medical assistance. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : Socioekonomiska rättigheter som skäl för flykt har en tendens att anses mindre värdefulla än civilpolitiska skäl. Studien undersöker därför om det påståendet stämmer överens med tre olika propositioner som har fokus på uppehållstillstånd med utgångspunkt att propositioner kan ha en specifik påverkan på individer. LÄS MER
5. Beyond the dichotomies of a coercion and voluntary recruitment, Afghan unaccompanied minors unveil their recruitment process in IranMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Avdelningen för mellanösternstudier
Sammanfattning : By shedding light on accounts from unaccompanied Afghan asylum-seeking minors in Sweden who were child soldiers in Syria, this thesis explores and examines their narratives and their involvement in the civil war in Syria. The research aims to create a deeper understanding of how these children themselves made sense of their participation in the war by answering the following questions: How were the children approached by the recruiters? What kind of reasons for joining the war are put forward by the recruiters and what strategies do the children encounter: a) economic; b) identity formation; c) social deprivation; d) feeling of vulnerability; e) militarization; f) mental development; g) ideology/ religious-sectarian; or all together? How do the children perceive these encounters and make sense of their recruitment to the Shiite Fatemiyoun Brigade? To which extent has the ideology of Shi’ism played an important role for them in joining the Syrian War? This is a qualitative study based on in-depth interviews which combines procedures from two approaches and techniques: an ethnographic approach and a narrative approach that explores the interviewees’ experiences in a period of time and also generates detailed insights. LÄS MER