Sökning: "Sociology of Knowledge Approach to Discourse"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 uppsatser innehållade orden Sociology of Knowledge Approach to Discourse.
1. FACEBOOK IS NOW META. Meta's corporate sociotechnical imaginary and the discursive construction of the Metaverse as the social platform of the futureMaster-uppsats, Institutionen för tillämpad informationsteknologi
Sammanfattning : The interpretive discourse-analytic framework of the Sociology of Knowledge Approach to Discourse is used to analyze how Meta's senior executives discursively frame the use of augmented reality and virtual reality in order to position the Metaverse as the next social platform during Connect 2021. The findings suggest five interpretive schemas that characterize the Metaverse as a social platform of the future: (a) the Metaverse as the next version of the Internet; (b) the Metaverse as a facilitator of presence and a connector of people; (c) the Metaverse as a marketplace in the Metaverse economy; (d) the Metaverse as a ubiquitous place in our daily lives; and (e) the Metaverse as a space designed in a responsible manner. LÄS MER
2. A critical discourse analysis of the construction of knowledge of gender in sociology at upper-secondary schoolUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för lärande och samhälle (LS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents a critical discourse analysis of how the sociology of gender is constructed in the sociology syllabus and two textbooks aimed for use at upper secondary school level. I use Bernstein’s theory of framing and classification to understand how power over knowledge is distributed through this construction. LÄS MER
3. Metrics of making knowledge in a wilder Anthropocene : the roles and implications of produced knowledge in the governance of synthetic biology for biodiversity conservationMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Under the growing influence of dominant discourses such as ecological modernisation and neo- liberalisation, proposed alternative conservation approaches focus more and more on efficiency. In the realm of biodiversity conservation, synthetic biology - the application of engineering to facilitate and accelerate the design or modification of genetic materials in living organisms – has emerged as an efficient approach. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för ABM, digitala kulturer samt förlags- och bokmarknadskunskap
Sammanfattning : This study centers around museum ethics with a focus on provenance research and how changing attitudes, both societal and sector-based, has affected the representation, communication and usage of provenance research and objects with provenance concerns within the public museum sector. The aim of this study is to gain increased and deeper knowledge about this phenomenon and the underlying processes that have influenced it. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/ Högskolan för scen och musik
Sammanfattning : Aim: In 2010 the first El Sistema núcleo was formed in Sweden and several ES programmes have started since then in several cities in Sweden and can hence be regarded as a well-established music educational program. Previous research about the Swedish ES programs indicates that the discourse of ES is contradictory and that the context is significant for how every program is shaped locally and where the program main focus is centred. LÄS MER