Sökning: "South Africa"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 720 uppsatser innehållade orden South Africa.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för pedagogik och specialpedagogik
Sammanfattning : Aim:This study aims to investigate the relationship between teacher qualification and characteristics, teacher instructional quality, students’ family socioeconomic background, and student mathematics achievement with the South Africa data from TIMSS 2015.Theory:The dynamic model of educational effectiveness, proposed by Creemers and Kyriakides (2008) in understanding variables within each level and across different levels related (such as student-level and classroom-level), and Input-Process-Outcome (IPO) model, proposed by Goe (2007) was used as the theoretical framework which leads the selection of variables and was operationalized with the achievement and contextual data available in South Africa TIMSS 2015 data. LÄS MER
2. Age-disparate Partnerships and Socioeconomic Status - a study on HIV risk for adolescent girls and young women in KwaZulu-Natal, South AfricaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the relationship between socioeconomic status and age-disparate partnerships for adolescent girls and young women aged 15-24 in KwaZulu-Natal. Age-disparate partnering is defined as engaging in a sexual partnership with a partner five years older or more. LÄS MER
3. Life skills education: Reducing sexual risk behaviour among young women in South Africa? Analysing the effect of life skills education on life skills knowledge, sexual risk behaviour and HIV prevalenceKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : South Africa is considered to be the epicentre of the HIV pandemic and its women are disproportionally affected by the disease. A key strategy to prevent and mitigate the spread of HIV infection is the implementation of life skills education in all primary and secondary schools. LÄS MER
4. Masculinity and HIV The impact of men’s masculinities on risky behaviour in Umgungundlovu district, Kwazulu-Natal, South AfricaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : This study aimed at exploring the relationship between masculinities and HIV and AIDS. In so doing, the study sought to provide a thorough understanding of whether specific masculine identities influence men to indulge in unsafe sexual practices in uMgungundlovu District, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The aim of the study was to discuss conditions for urban activism, through looking at the interest group Save Kortedala Library and its gendering practices. The aim was furthermore to examine the role Kortedala Library plays for the community as well as to relate Save Kortedala Library to a larger context of resistance to neoliberalism. LÄS MER