Sökning: "South Africa"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 518 uppsatser innehållade orden South Africa.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The aim of the study was to discuss conditions for urban activism, through looking at the interest group Save Kortedala Library and its gendering practices. The aim was furthermore to examine the role Kortedala Library plays for the community as well as to relate Save Kortedala Library to a larger context of resistance to neoliberalism. LÄS MER
2. The right to the city in post-apartheid South Africa: Abahlali baseMjondolo’s struggle for land, housing and dignityMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Fifty percent of the world’s population live in cities today, but predictions of the sustained urbanization trend estimates that this number will increase to seventy percent by 2050. Meanwhile, the consequences of the urban divide and the demarcations between people in the increasingly fragmented societies could be demonstrated in the case of South Africa. LÄS MER
3. The Road to (In)security: India’s Perception of Insecurity Towards the China-Pakistan Economic CorridorMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Infrastructural techno-political regimes are growing all over the world. One such regime, theChinese One Belt One Road project (OBOR) is planned to have transnational connections to over65 countries, in Africa, Asia, and Europe. OBOR’s flagship project is the US$62 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). LÄS MER
4. Addressing intersectionality in the #MeToo movement - A case study of women’s mobilization under the #MeToo movement in the postcolonial context of South AfricaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The #MeToo movement united women around the globe in the fight against sexual violence.However, the #MeToo movement has been criticized for solely adopting a gender-based approach by neglecting the intersections of gender, race and class. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : China’s rapprochement with Africa is an increasingly controversial topic in the Western world and not least is China’s propensity to have a hegemonic agenda a recurring issue. A common claim is that China by emphasizing shared interests and solidarity in the South, aspires to win over African nations’ solidarity to challenge the prevailing Western hegemony. LÄS MER