Sökning: "Stokes equations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 65 uppsatser innehållade orden Stokes equations.
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Numerisk analys, NA
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to present and validate a boundary condition formulation for CFD problems that includes a friction parameter. In the first part of the thesis the incompressible Navier-Stokes system of equations and the friction boundary conditions are presented. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Some climate models are still lacking features such as dynamical modelling of ice sheets due to their computational cost which results in poor accuracy and estimates of e.g. sea level rise. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för fysik
Sammanfattning : Problems with time-evolving domains are frequently occurring in computationalfluid dynamics and many other fields of science and engineering.Unfitted methods, where the computational mesh does not conform to thegeometry, are of great interest for handling such problems, since they removethe burden of mesh generation. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Mekanik
Sammanfattning : Climate change is an evermore urging existential treat to the human enterprise. Mean temperature and greenhouse gas emissions have in-creased exponentially since the industrial revolution. But solutions are also mushrooming with exponential pace. LÄS MER
5. Finite Element Approximations of 2D Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations Using Residual ViscosityKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för teknikvetenskaper; Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för teknikvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Chorin’s method, Incremental Pressure Correction Scheme (IPCS) and Crank-Nicolson’s method (CN) are three numerical methods that were investigated in this study. These methods were here used for solving the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations, which describe the motion of an incompressible fluid, in three different benchmark problems. LÄS MER