Sökning: "Sub-Saharan Africa"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 325 uppsatser innehållade orden Sub-Saharan Africa.
1. THE CRITICAL ROLE OF A NON-HEALTHCARE APPROACH TO MATERNAL MORTALITY REDUCTION Qualitative insights from Rwanda’s successMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Maternal mortality is one of the most critical contemporary development challenges as itaccounts for a substantial number of deaths every year, despite the fact that we today havethe medical knowledge to prevent it. Sub-Saharan Africa is the most affected region,accounting for more than half of the world’s maternal deaths. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Energy poverty and lack of access to electricity is a global problem which is recognised in the sustainable development goal 7. Today 1.2 billion people live without access to electricity and most of them are situated in Sub-Saharan Africa where biomass still constitutes the main source of energy. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Structural transformation is a broad concept that has been widely argued to be of great importance for long-run economic growth. A common historical pattern highlights the labour shift out of agriculture towards manufacturing and industry sectors as the main characteristic of structural transformation. LÄS MER
4. “The government is watching – don’t step on their toes” : An investigation of the press freedom and the working conditions for journalists in TanzaniaKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för kultur- och medievetenskaper
Sammanfattning : According to reports from Reporters sans frontiers and Freedom House, the freedom of the press has declined during the recent years in the sub-Saharan country Tanzania. Using the human rights reports as an entry point, this study set out to investigate the working conditions for journalists in the capital de facto of Tanzania, Dar es Salaam. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för organisation och entreprenörskap (OE); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för organisation och entreprenörskap (OE)
Sammanfattning : Globalisation has simplified the internationalisation process for companies, and are today not only constrained to multinational companies, as SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) are entering global markets in order to attain a sustainable competitive advantage. As a result, more Swedish SMEs are now operating abroad, and SSA (sub-Saharan Africa) is a region that has shown great potential. LÄS MER