Sökning: "Sub-Saharan African"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 126 uppsatser innehållade orden Sub-Saharan African.
1. Hur upplever unga icke vita killar bemötandet från polisen? : En studie om upplevelser med Stockholmspolisen i ett segregerat bostadsområdeKandidat-uppsats, Mälardalens högskola/Akademin för hälsa, vård och välfärd; Mälardalens högskola/Akademin för hälsa, vård och välfärd
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to gain an insight of which views young non-white males have of the Stockholm police and what sort of treatment they receive from the police in their residential areas. The study is based on a qualitative research method that was based on ten individual interviews with young non-white males between the ages of 16–19. LÄS MER
2. En kvantitativ jämförande studie av samband mellan partisystem, socialt kapital och demokratisering i Afrika söder om SaharaKandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : Most Sub-Saharan African countries are not yet considered democracies, but it is worth noting that almost all of them are fighting for democracy, and some countries have successfully crossed the threshold of democracy. However, the pace of democratization across the African region is uneven. LÄS MER
3. Can Export Diversification Save sub-Saharan Africa from Extreme Weather? : An instrumental variable approachKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen; Uppsala universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Growth and development in the context of climate change and environmental challengesare issues of increasing importance in the economic debate. With higher levels of greenhousegases in the atmosphere, droughts and other forms of extreme weather are expected to increasein frequency. LÄS MER
4. Which firm characteristics determine access to finance for SMEs within the East African Community?Kandidat-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : Financial constraints among SMEs are generally more prevalent in the developing world than in the developed world, but SMEs in sub-Saharan Africa stand out as being particularly constrained. Previous studies also show causal links between access to finance and company growth and increased prosperity. LÄS MER
- D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies stock returns and commodity returns in a set of commodity-dependent Sub-Saharan African countries, differentiating between returns of main-export commodities and a general commodity index and allowing for time-variation. This is done by using forecasting regressions of stock returns over lagged commodity returns and two macroeconomic variables. LÄS MER