Sökning: "Sustainability Science"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 610 uppsatser innehållade orden Sustainability Science.
1. Fill your belly not your bin: An action research project to reduce food waste at Kunskapsskolan in Trelleborg, SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : School canteens have been identified as a unique case to address food waste due to their dual role: on one hand as big generators of food waste and on the other as settings to deliver education to reduce it. This thesis applies action research methodology to a collaborative project with a school called Kunskapsskolan in Trelleborg, Sweden, attempting to reduce food waste. LÄS MER
2. Our transition - a cross-sectional comparison of sustainability transition initiatives in DenmarkMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Sustainability transition initiatives are crucial in tackling global sustainability challenges but evaluations of their impacts are to a large extent lacking. This is a problem as it leads to uncertainty of their actual contributions which is a hindrance for public and political support. LÄS MER
3. Be better than nationalism: overcoming economic inequality for international solidarity. Using social movement theory to deconstruct the cultural ideology of the Alternative for GermanyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : This thesis advocates for the evaluation of current sociopolitical conflicts through the lens of social movement theory, as a decisive path to deconstruct the premises of the German right-wing party Alternative for Germany (Alternative für Deutschland, AfD). The party is conceptualized as an institutionalized social movement, which is insufficiently answering public material grievances caused by economic inequality with the cultural response of nationalistic solidarity. LÄS MER
4. Emotions matter: Raising awareness about the importance of emotions for sustainability students and their well-beingMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Due to the focus of their study program, environmental and sustainability students are vulnerable to experience negative emotional impacts, potentially affecting their mental health. This thesis contributes to increased understanding of emotions and emotional resilience in relation to the climate crisis by examining experienced emotions, studying the power students have over their emotions, and potential supporting measures. LÄS MER
5. Urban transition experiments for global climate goals : learning from effective interventions to reduce car use in Lund municipalityMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : To limit global warming to 1.5°C, concerted efforts to drastically reduce GHG emissions by 2030 are needed. Lund municipality has ambitious climate goals for 2030, however, high emissions from transport and especially private car use endanger their achievement. LÄS MER