Sökning: "Sustainable livelihood"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 115 uppsatser innehållade orden Sustainable livelihood.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Energy poverty and lack of access to electricity is a global problem which is recognised in the sustainable development goal 7. Today 1.2 billion people live without access to electricity and most of them are situated in Sub-Saharan Africa where biomass still constitutes the main source of energy. LÄS MER
2. Women’s fuelwood collection and deforestation : Effects on women’s everyday lives and environments in Kabadio, Casamance and Diagane Barka, Sine-Saloum.Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/HLK, Globala studier
Sammanfattning : Previous research and literature commonly agree to the fact that women, especially rural women, is the most vulnerable group in society. Many of them tend to be found in the poorest sections of society. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Today, millions of people are living in poverty and in emergency situations with lack of basic needs. This thesis will look into cash transfers in emergencies in Kenya and Kenya’s cash transfer program; Hunger Safety Net Program. LÄS MER
- L3-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Kering is a multi-player in the luxury industry, owning high-end brands such as Gucci, Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, among others. A range of product lines of these brands use exotic skins as raw materials. Some argue that the use of such materials is too cruel and that the animal welfare cannot be guaranteed. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Energisystemanalys
Sammanfattning : The Government of Guyana sees the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) diffusion as critical in quality of life improvement. Together with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) they are conducting a project to provide internet access to Hinterland, Rural and Poor Communities (HRPC) through Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSATs) powered by stand-alone hybrid energy systems including solar Photovoltaics (PV) and Li-Ion batteries. LÄS MER