Sökning: "Swedish Holstein"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 74 uppsatser innehållade orden Swedish Holstein.
1. Composition and processability of milk from older cows : a pilot study on milk quality differences between young and old cowsMaster-uppsats, SLU/Department of Molecular Sciences
Sammanfattning : Most Swedish dairy cow’s life expectancy is five years, which is 2.5 lactations. The most common reason for dairy cows being culled are e.g. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Clinical Sciences
Sammanfattning : Milk fever is a worldwide disease, seen mainly in dairy cows. At the onset of lactation the cow is not prepared for the sudden calcium requirement, which causes a drop in the blood calcium and the cow develops hypocalcaemia. Calcium is needed for the correct function of both nerves and muscles in the body. LÄS MER
3. The digesta passage rate among dairy cows with different abilities to consume large quantities of roughage : its impact on the milk production, and the reliability of the chemical fibre markerMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Nutrition and Management
Sammanfattning : The objectives of the present master thesis were to investigate the passage rate among lactating Holstein and Swedish red dairy cows to investigate the hypotheses of: 1) The cows’ individual total mean retention time (TMRT) has a negative relationship to the cows’ individual forage intake capacity. 2) A reduced TMRT contributes to a reduced feed efficiency, but a higher milk yield. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Department of Molecular Sciences
Sammanfattning : The protein composition of milk samples from Norrland, Sweden was investigated by capil-lary electrophoresis, in order to evaluate the variation in protein profile from different breeds at different collection periods during the year. The protein profile is of importance for pro-cessability of the milk, and is known to be influenced partly by genetics. LÄS MER
5. Field study of the drought’s impact on feeding strategy and biological parameters in early lactation dairy cattleMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Nutrition and Management
Sammanfattning : The summer of 2018 was unusually warm and dry. For animal production, this resulted in poor pastures, reduced harvests of crops, such as roughage and grains, and increased risk for heat stress in the animals. The drought led to problems as in shortage of animal feed, which made the feeding of dairy cattle difficult. LÄS MER