Sökning: "Swedish Peace Committee"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden Swedish Peace Committee.
1. "Ett nytt Europa" : En presshistorisk undersökning av tre fredsorganisationers opinionsbildning angående frågan om kärnvapen och nedrustning 1980-1984Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : The general purpose of this study was to examine what views three different peace movements had about nuclear weapons and disarmament questions during 1980 to 1984. The chosen movements were the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society (SPAS), Swedish Peace Committee and The Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WIPLF). LÄS MER
2. Eniga militära insatser? : Politisk enighet vid beslut om svenska internationella militära insatser 1999-2017Kandidat-uppsats, Försvarshögskolan
Sammanfattning : Sweden has a long tradition of participation in different kinds of peacekeeping missions. During the Cold War, Sweden’s troop contributions were exclusively focused on UN operations, but in the early 1990s Sweden’s official troop contribution policy changed from an “only under the UN flag” position to one of “only under UN Security Council mandate”. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : Peacebuilding has been in the spotlight since the Cold War and forwards. Peacebuilding received great attention after the 9/11 incident when the United States declared war on terrorism. One of the countries that have suffered from war and conflict ever since the invasion of the Soviet Union, is Afghanistan. LÄS MER
4. Swedish Arms Export : Idealistic goals with realistic means. Three cabinet formations during 2002-2014Magister-uppsats, Försvarshögskolan/Försvarshögskolan
Sammanfattning : Swedish arms export is one of the world´s largest per capita in the world today, an export that occur to countries heavily criticized for a lack of human rights. Despite the strong support of the development of international control mechanisms to counter export to countries with poor human rights, support of arms control as well as the Swedish participation in international peace support operations, the policy has to a limited extent been affected. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : AbstractThe Swedish government commissioned a committee led by Hadar Cars in December 1993 to report on the question of channeling assistance for building democratic structures through Party Affiliated Organizations (PAOs) 1. The report laid down the foundation for what can be seen as the Swedish template for political party assistance. LÄS MER