Sökning: "Swedish Yorkshire"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 16 uppsatser innehållade orden Swedish Yorkshire.
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Environment and Health
Sammanfattning : Pigs are exposed to several different environmental stressors in the modern production from weaning, mixing, crowding etc. Preslaughter stressors may result in meat quality problems, such as the formation of pale, soft and exudative meat as well as the formation of dark, firm and dry meat, which makes the meat to be unattractive. LÄS MER
2. Effekt av raslinje och social miljö under di-perioden på smågrisars hälsa och tillväxt fram till 9 veckors ålderMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Breeding and Genetics
Sammanfattning : Nederländsk Yorkshire (Z-linjen; ZY) är vanligt förekommande i svensk grispro-duktion idag eftersom aveln med Svensk Yorkshire (SY) lades ner 2012. I den tidi-gare svenska aveln, har grisarna indirekt selekterats för att fungera i grupphållnings-system eftersom svensk djurskyddslag skärptes i slutet av 1980-talet med att suggor ska hållas i grupp under dräktighet. LÄS MER
3. Difference in general behaviour and social interactions of young Yorkshire gilts in different social environmentsMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Environment and Health
Sammanfattning : In Sweden, there was a switch of breeding material for pigs in year 2012 where Swedish producers were introduced to the Dutch Yorkshire (DY) instead of the Swedish Yorkshire (SY). Gestating sows have, in Sweden, been kept in group housing since the 1980s while DY gilts on the contrary have been kept in individual stalls. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Breeding and Genetics
Sammanfattning : The most common housing system within the European Union for gestating sows and gilts have for many years been individual stalls while Sweden on the contrary has a long history, since the end of the 1980s, of group housing. The switch of breeding material in the beginning of the 2000ies in Sweden resulted in the end of breeding of the Swedish Yorkshire (SY), and instead the Dutch Yorkshire (ZY) was introduced to Swedish pig producers. LÄS MER
5. Factors influencing variation in birth weight and its impact on later performance in Swedish Yorkshire pigsMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Breeding and Genetics
Sammanfattning : The phenotypic variation in piglet birth weight caused by gender, birth parity number and litter size, and later how this variation in birth weight influenced growth rate until 100 kg and backfat thickness at 100 kg live weight were analysed in this study. Data on purebred Swedish Yorkshire pigs from 13 nucleus herds was the base for the analyses. LÄS MER