Sökning: "Swedish as a second language"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 722 uppsatser innehållade orden Swedish as a second language.
1. Deutsch oder Schwedisch? : Empirische Studie zur Verwendung der Zielsprache im gymnasialen FremdsprachenunterrichtUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Högskolan Dalarna/Tyska
Sammanfattning : By observing and interviewing four certified German teachers this empirical study aims to investigate how and when teachers use German versus Swedish in their German as a second language teaching. The language use was time measured, and it was also investigated in which situations the different languages were used. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för neurovetenskap och fysiologi
Sammanfattning : Aim: This study aimed to investigate the prevalence of hearing loss and other hearingor ear-related problems amongst newly arrived immigrants and to gain anunderstanding of how they themselves experience their own hearing.Research method: Quantitative descriptive cross-sectional study. LÄS MER
3. Perceiving Terrorism: A survey experiment about how Swedish students define terrorism based on the perpetrator’s ethnicityKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to analyze how students perceive the concept of terrorism based on the ethnicity ascribed to the perpetrator. Studies conducted in the US have shown that the public defines political violence differently depending on the language used to describe the event, white perpetrators are more often called mass shooters while perpetrators of other ethnicities are more frequently called terrorists. LÄS MER
4. Teaching English 5 to Swedish vocational students : student attitudes, motivation and adaptation of teachingUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : There has been research that suggests that an anti-studying culture is present in vocational programs in Sweden (Högberg 2009), and that teachers need to adapt their teaching to the students’ vocational interests in order to create an interest in learning (Lindahl 2015; Riley & Eriksson 2014; Smagorinsky et al. 2010). LÄS MER
5. Why not "English only"? : Patterns of code-switching between Swedish and English in Swedish upper secondary EFL educationUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : English education in Sweden tends to be viewed as a second language, rather than a foreign language. Therefore, it is generally expected that instruction is performed, and content is taught in English. However, previous research shows that English is generally not the sole language used, even in classrooms with explicit “English only” policies. LÄS MER