Sökning: "Swedish as a second language"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 685 uppsatser innehållade orden Swedish as a second language.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för neurovetenskap och fysiologi
Sammanfattning : Aim: This study aimed to investigate the prevalence of hearing loss and other hearingor ear-related problems amongst newly arrived immigrants and to gain anunderstanding of how they themselves experience their own hearing.Research method: Quantitative descriptive cross-sectional study. LÄS MER
2. Perceiving Terrorism: A survey experiment about how Swedish students define terrorism based on the perpetrator’s ethnicityKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to analyze how students perceive the concept of terrorism based on the ethnicity ascribed to the perpetrator. Studies conducted in the US have shown that the public defines political violence differently depending on the language used to describe the event, white perpetrators are more often called mass shooters while perpetrators of other ethnicities are more frequently called terrorists. LÄS MER
3. Teaching English 5 to Swedish vocational students : student attitudes, motivation and adaptation of teachingUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : There has been research that suggests that an anti-studying culture is present in vocational programs in Sweden (Högberg 2009), and that teachers need to adapt their teaching to the students’ vocational interests in order to create an interest in learning (Lindahl 2015; Riley & Eriksson 2014; Smagorinsky et al. 2010). LÄS MER
4. Why not "English only"? : Patterns of code-switching between Swedish and English in Swedish upper secondary EFL educationUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : English education in Sweden tends to be viewed as a second language, rather than a foreign language. Therefore, it is generally expected that instruction is performed, and content is taught in English. However, previous research shows that English is generally not the sole language used, even in classrooms with explicit “English only” policies. LÄS MER
5. När läromedel övertalar : - En läromedelsstudie om hur ideologier presenteras i förhållande till skolans opartiska värdegrundUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Karlstads universitet/Fakulteten för humaniora och samhällsvetenskap (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : This essay aims to investigate how teaching aids present ideologies, if the teaching aids are partial, and whether there are values in teaching aids that favor a particular ideology. The background of this study is based on the fact that the governmental teaching aids inspection ended in 1992. LÄS MER