Sökning: "Swedish pronunciation learning"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 22 uppsatser innehållade orden Swedish pronunciation learning.
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This essay aims to explore how Swedish teachers of English view the shift from a Native Speaker ideal to English as a Global Language in connection to pronunciation teaching. The essay also aims to explore how the teachers teach this in practice. LÄS MER
2. Is teaching GA and RP enough? : A study of Swedish upper secondary students’ attitudes towards varieties of English and their English educationUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Mälardalens högskola/Akademin för utbildning, kultur och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : This study focuses on the teaching and learning of English as a second language and how different varieties of English are currently being used in education around the world and in Sweden. The purpose is to examine Swedish upper secondary students’ comprehension of different spoken varieties of English and their attitudes towards these varieties. LÄS MER
3. English pronunciation in Swedish Upper Secondary School Students : A qualitative study of Swedish students’ pronunciation tendenciesUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Geographically, Sweden is significantly closer to England as opposed to America, two English speaking countries with two rather different varieties of the language. With regard to Britain’s history of colonization it could be assumed that British English (RP-variety) would be most frequently used globally. LÄS MER
4. Explicit and implicit comparison of English and Swedish in English course books for year 7 and year 11 in SwedenKandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för språk, litteratur och interkultur
Sammanfattning : This paper compares and contrasts how linguistic transfer has been incorporated in English course books for year 7 and year 11 in Swedish schools. This study has focused on finding explicit and implicit reference to transfer and interference in English course books for Swedish students by identifying references from the authors where they have pointed to similarities and differences between Swedish and English. LÄS MER
5. Swedish Student Preferences Concerning the use of Native Speaker Norm English in Classroom TeachingKandidat-uppsats, Mälardalens högskola/Akademin för utbildning, kultur och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : This study is based on a previous study made by Ivor Timmis (2002). It explores how important Swedish students find learning English to be and to what extent Swedish student want to conform to native speaker English now that it has become a global language with a multitude of common variants. LÄS MER