Sökning: "The Balkans"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 76 uppsatser innehållade orden The Balkans.
1. BOSNIAN IDENTITY AFTER THE WAR : The Importance of How the War Is Described in Media for Contemporary Bosnian IdentityMagister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för konst, kultur och kommunikation (K3)
Sammanfattning : After World War II, Europe has only experienced two wars, in the 1990s when Yugoslavia dissolved and now in 2022 when Russia went to war with Ukraine. Regardless of the outcomes of wars, it is clear that wars continue to recur in a continent that prides itself on its peaceful aspirations. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Arkeologi
Sammanfattning : Scandinavia has a rich history of the raising of runestones, monuments in stone of varying sizes for honoring the fallen. Among these there exist a group of runestones that mention a land far away from the cold winds of the north, the land of the Byzantine Empire, stretching from the Balkans to the edge of Anatolia with Greece at its center. LÄS MER
3. European integration at the outer border of the EU? : An analysis of transnational learning and processes of Europeanization through transnational cooperation projects in the Interreg ADRION programme in the Western BalkansMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Negotiations between the EU and the candidate countries in the Western Balkans have been dragging on for almost two decades. Until an official decision has been made on who can join the EU and when, actors at different levels have been working together within various programmes with the aim of advancing content-related harmonisation and fulfilling requirements for accession. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : The aim of the present paper is to better understand the reality of religious pluralism, itscauses and the possibilities by which this situation could be maximized in the sense oftrying to reach a satisfactory agreement for all parties involved through reflections onpluralism. Corollary, it seeks to deepen the understanding on the topic ofmulticulturalism with a focus on the field of religious and political theory on topics suchas minorities, religious and cultural pluralism, liberal multiculturalism. LÄS MER
5. What does the identity politics problems in the regional relations of the Republic of Serbia tell us about the European integration process of this country?Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : The Western Balkans have been gripped by turbulent policies and relations in the region for the past 25 years. The Republic of Serbia, as a country responsible for many of the armed conflicts of the 1990s, is today a country that is largely conducting accession negotiations with the European Union towards membership. LÄS MER