Sökning: "Transfrontier conservation"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden Transfrontier conservation.
1. IS TRANSFRONTIER CONSERVATION OVERCOMING THE PITFALLS OF LARGE-SCALE COLLECTIVE ACTION? A case study of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Conservation Area in southern AfricaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Management of migrating resources is typically referring to fish or water, but wildlife such as elephants, rhinos and lions can also classify as a migratory resource. These animals are generally constrained by political borders, but by implementing large wildlife-parks called transfrontier conservation areas the political borders between two or more states are opened. LÄS MER
2. LARGE-SCALE COLLECTIVE ACTION OVER WILDLIFE AND NATURAL RESOURCES. Prospects in reaching compliance with conservation rules by resource users: The Case of Kavango Zambezi Conservation AreaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Many of today’s global environmental problems could be mitigated through large-scalecollective action between different actors. Still, most theoretical assumptions on how collectiveaction can be reached over natural resources is based on empirical work within small- tomedium scale common-pool-resources. LÄS MER
3. Framing Transfrontier Nature Conservation : The Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park and the Vision of 'Peace Parks' in Southern AfricaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : Within the broad field of global environmental history this master thesis analyses transfrontier conservation areas (TFCAs) also known as 'peace parks', and explores how the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park (GLTP) has been envisioned, described, motivated and implemented. Using Actor-Network Theory and Framing Analysis, the thesis analyses how the idea of the GLTP and the critique against it has been framed over time through the analysis of official reports and academic research in combination with in-depth interviews with key actors. LÄS MER
4. Conservation for development : a literature study of the socioeconomic effects of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Conservation AreaMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Transfrontier Conservation Areas (TFCAs) are considered a suitable strategy to combine nature conservation and poverty alleviation in southern Africa, usually through ecotourism. There have, however, been critical voices questioning whether this is actually succeeding. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/Högskolan för lärande och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : Transfrontier Conservation Areas (TFCAs) in southern Africa are often connected with forced resettlement, marginalization and exclusion from the decision-making process of the local community. Therefore this study investigates the level and kind of community involvement in the TFCA process in Swaziland by performing nine semi-structured interviews in five different communities. LÄS MER