Sökning: "Transition Towns"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden Transition Towns.
1. Assessing the governance capacity to implement resource-oriented sanitation and waste management systems in urban areas of Latin America and the Caribbean : a case study of the town of Chía, ColombiaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Sustainable approaches for waste management and sanitation are key to deal with the environmental and health challenges that growing urbanization is creating around the world. Implementing systems that allow to reuse resources contained in the organic waste streams (OWS) is an approach that can bring many benefits, especially in low-medium income areas as the Latin American and Caribbean region, where excreta, wastewater, and waste are not properly managed. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : Urbaniseringen har pågått i olika grad under lång tid och har under årens lopp diskuterats hur den ska regleras och styras upp. Svårigheten att ge alla möjlighet och plats i staden har lett till att städerna har fått växa och breda ut sig och jordbruksmarken och det befintliga landskapet har fått ge vika. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för kultur och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : There is a growing body of research internationally on place-based learning (PBL) and its contribution to the development of connectedness to the local place, enhancement of ecological awareness and its overall impact on learning. This research conducted in two government primary schools in two different villages situated in the state of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu provides insights into the possibilities for the adoption of PBL in rural schools in India. LÄS MER
4. A More Just Way of Living For Everybody? Stories of Language, Privilege, and a Transition Towns Movement in Eastern CanadaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : In this thesis I explore the relationship between the transition movement and social and ecological justice. Through a case study of Transition Guelph (TG), a transition town in Ontario, Canada, I discuss how TG creates a language based on binary concepts embedded in unequal power relations, and how this language informs their actions and activism. LÄS MER
5. “The future will be local.” Omställning Sverige – the transition towns movement in Sweden : from local communities to counter-hegemony?Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Neoliberal paradigms and a neoliberal hegemony are increasingly under pressure. Social and environmental movements stand on the forefront of providing alternative ways of thinking. In this paper I look into a newly emerged environmental movement in Sweden, Omställning Sverige. LÄS MER