Sökning: "Transnational migration"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 44 uppsatser innehållade orden Transnational migration.
1. Social workers with borders Finnish social workers’ perceptions of transnationalism in the practice with unaccompanied minor migrantsMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The aim of this paper was to study the perceptions which Finnish social workers hold of transnationalism in their practice with unaccompanied minors. Seeing how they perceived it as part of the minor’s lives, how they took into consideration the transnational family ties, and how transnational was their own practice were the questions that this study intended to answer. LÄS MER
2. LESSONS FROM ROMA FEMINISM IN EUROPE Digital Storytelling Projects with Roma Women Activists from Romania, Spain and SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This multi-sited ethnographic research explores Roma feminism through the stories of Roma women activists participating in Digital Storytelling projects in Romania, Spain and Sweden. Drawing from relevant feminist theory and debates (intersectionality and Roma feminist theory, transnational feminism, liberal and cultural/different-centered feminist thought), these stories are understood in dialogue with different theoretical perspectives that both reproduce patterns of conflicts in feminist thought and create new ways of understanding feminism and solidarity based on a transnational context. LÄS MER
3. ”Hemland är ju hemland” : transnationella aktiviteter och engagemang bland individer inom den afghanska diasporan i SverigeKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : This paper focuses on the transnational activities among individuals in the Afghan diaspora in Sweden. The qualitative data of the paper is obtained through seven semi-structured interviews and analyzed through a framework of transnational activities (economic, social and political) and Van Hear’s categories on three social spheres in Afghanistan where those activities are directed (household and the extended family sphere, the well- known community sphere and the imagined community sphere). LÄS MER
4. Formation Within the Nation : Migration and Marginalization in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's AmericanahKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Migration and its consequences are often discussed in contemporary postcolonial discussions. This topic of migration is central in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Americanah. Adichie’s portrayal of the migrating subject has placed her in the center of the Afropolitan discussion about transnational Africans and their right to represent. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Genusvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Female migrants comprise half of the worlds migrating people today. Modern ideals of mothering and motherhood entail mothers staying at home to care for their children, mother’s having to migrate away from their families contradicts current (modern) values. LÄS MER