Sökning: "Ukrainian crisis"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 uppsatser innehållade orden Ukrainian crisis.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : This paper examines the economic impact several events of political risk have on components of capital flight Ukraine and capital flight of Ukraine itself. The events of political risk are the Euromaidan revolution, the Russian annexation of Crimea and the war in the region of Donbass. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Europastudier
Sammanfattning : Russia’s aggressive actions in Ukraine and annexation of the Crimean peninsula raised security concerns in the Baltic States as potential targets of invasion. This anxiety was strengthened after the EU launched a civilian Advisory Mission (EUAM) in Ukraine as a response to Russia’s illegal actions. LÄS MER
3. STATE AND CIVIL SOCIETY RELATIONS IN THE CONDITIONS OF MILITARY CRISES: The case of defence volunteer movement in UkraineMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : ABSTRACTThis thesis investigates relations between civil society and state in the conditions of military crises from civil society perspective. On a theoretical level, the thesis aims at determining whether classic understanding of state and civil society relations, conceptualised primarily with an assumption of a strong state and relatively peaceful times, is also applicable at times of military crises and when the state is weak. LÄS MER
4. Ukrainian Language Policy: The Status of Russian in English Language Medium Ukrainian and Russian Newspapers and in the Linguistic Landscape of Four RegionsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Masterprogram: Språk och språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Following a long-standing sociolinguistic pursuit to investigate language policy through complex non-linear models that analyze historical, structural, political and social processes that produce, contextualize, circulate and negotiate particular ideologies, beliefs and myths about languages and their values through meaning-making activities, this master’s thesis aims to apply an interpretive approach to corpus-assisted discourse analysis and appropriate elements of nexus analysis to an investigation of the status of the Russian in the language policy of Ukraine during the period of 2010 to 2015. Regarding language policies as a complex social phenomenon, this study of Ukrainian monolingual language policy is focused on investigating nexuses involving policymaking, its interpretation by various political players, and implementation aiming to answer the question of how established and circulating discourses mediate, negotiate and regulate relations between Ukrainian and Russian languages. LÄS MER
5. Mediated Public Diplomacy: How the Russian English-language news network RT framed the ongoing tension between Russia and the West that ensued from the Ukrainian crisisMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : Mediated public diplomacy plays an important role in attaining foreign policy objectives by communicating with foreign audiences in order to establish a dialogue intending to inform and influence. The Russian state-funded global network RT serves as an important tool of Russian mediated public diplomacy. LÄS MER