Sökning: "Uneven development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 96 uppsatser innehållade orden Uneven development.
1. DECENTRALISED MARINE MANAGEMENT IN THE PHILIPPINES Does decentralisation create a framework for successful sustainable marine management?Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Decentralised management has become more popular during the last decades. Although, its effect in developing countries have been uneven and scientists argue that weak institutional capacity causes ineffective local authorities. LÄS MER
2. Sustained Asymmetries: Norrland and sustainable development as envisioned by the ecological modernization and environmental justice discoursesMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The gap between rural and urban is widening in ways that reward urban lifestyles and undermine the interests of rural communities. The asymmetrical power relation between rural and urban is relevant in a Swedish context where Norrland, Sweden's northernmost region, is experiencing outmigration and cutbacks in welfare services all the while urban centers in southern Sweden attract innovation, economic capital and an inflow of young, educated people. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för kulturantropologi och etnologi
Sammanfattning : Kisoro, a rural district in Uganda, is undergoing various transformations which could be summarized under the term neoliberal development. This qualitative study, which is based on six weeks of anthropological fieldwork, is focused on how a few individuals working as motorcycle-taxi drivers in the area experience these transformations, and how they deal with them. LÄS MER
4. Mobile Finance and Financial Risk A Study of Mobile Financial Services, its Value Model and the Distribution of RiskKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to investigate the effects of mobile financial services on the behavior of young adults on the financial market, particularly how mobile financial services effect the distribution of risk amongst consumers. The risk examined are twofold; how the risk of a financial transaction looks like for both the consumer of the financial instrument and the distributor (Avanza) and how the risk assumed in a financial transactions differ for consumers in different geographies (core and periphery). LÄS MER
5. South-South Cooperation : A case study of Ethiopia’s political and economic relations with China and TurkeyKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : As the world system and the global political economy is under constant transformation, there is an increasing need for further research. Shifting from a North-South polarity towards a South-South-East relationship, the situation on the African continent is gaining more and more attention. LÄS MER