Sökning: "United Nations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 742 uppsatser innehållade orden United Nations.
1. DECENTRALISED MARINE MANAGEMENT IN THE PHILIPPINES Does decentralisation create a framework for successful sustainable marine management?Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Decentralised management has become more popular during the last decades. Although, its effect in developing countries have been uneven and scientists argue that weak institutional capacity causes ineffective local authorities. LÄS MER
2. DOES WOMEN'S POLITICAL EMPOWERMENT IMPROVE GENDER BALANCE IN PEACEKEEPING? A Large N Study of Troop Contributing CountriesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Although the United Nations has officially recognized an importance of women’s participation in peacekeeping, the number of female personnel remains low; thus, scholars have been investigating the factors that may facilitate a broader inclusion of women in peacekeeping operations. In order to contribute to the existing literature on the topic, this study examines whether one specific factor, a country’s level of women’s political empowerment, has an impact on the level of gender balance in its peacekeeping troops. LÄS MER
3. Klimatmöten enligt Dagens Nyheter : En kritisk diskursanalys av Dagens Nyheters rapportering från tre av FN:s klimatmöten.Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för kultur- och medievetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study was to examine how the climate summits arranged by the UN in Kyoto 1997, Copenhagen 2009 and Paris 2015 was portrayed by the Swedish daily newspaper Dagens Nyheter. The purpose was also to examine how the problem of climate change was portrayed in the paper in conjunction with the above mentioned climate summits. LÄS MER
4. Why North Korea Developed the Deadliest Weapon on Earth - Examining North Korea's nuclear weapons program through strategic issues in international crisis bargainingKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper is a qualitative case study on the interaction between the United States of America and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK or North Korea). The study examines the difficulties states face when bargaining, and draws conclusions based on theories of how the structural setting affects strategic choices when states seek security on the international arena. LÄS MER
5. Barns delaktighet i sin egen välfärd : En jämförande kvalitativ studie av synen på barns delaktighet inom socialtjänsten och BUPKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Having ratified the UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child), the Swedish government and its authorities are responsible towards their young citizens to guarantee them care, protection and to be put first. In addition, children have a right to participation in processes and decisions which affect them. LÄS MER