Sökning: "Urban Politics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 104 uppsatser innehållade orden Urban Politics.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Förvaltningshögskolan
Sammanfattning : Syfte:Tidigare forskning har beskrivit att stadsutveckling präglas av två olika, och ibland motstridiga idéer. Å ena sidan präglas den av idéer om en politik för ekonomisk tillväxt i global konkurrens och å andra sidan av idéer om en politik för social omfördelning av makt och resurser. LÄS MER
2. Putting people back into the economy: Urban restructuring and emerging alternatives in time of crisisMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : In many cities around the world, the financial crisis 2007 served as an opportunity both for grassroots movements and governments to rethink existing models of urban development. Some authors have pointed out that the crisis served to elevate discourses for progressive post-neoliberal urban transformations. LÄS MER
3. Whose Right to Urban Nature? A case study of Old Tidemill Wildlife Garden in Deptford, south-east LondonMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This exploratory research project explores the production and use, and subsequent closure and eviction of the community-designed and managed Old Tidemill Wildlife Garden in Deptford – a predominantly working-class area in south-east London. This community garden played a key role in the lives of many local residents and its closure and subsequent demolition to make way for a large housing project drew a significant backlash from local residents which included protests, law-suits, and the occupation of the garden itself. LÄS MER
4. THE HAMBURG-ST.-PAULI-BRANDDIALECTIC - Examining Hamburg’s city branding approach and its effects on the local Red-Light-DistrictMaster-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : “What is certain is that the question of […] re-making a landscape of prostitution in the city […] needs to be viewed as part of a changing, global discourse on the nature of contemporary cities” (Aalbers & Sabat 2012, p. 114). LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : The research aims to understand and explore the process of memory politics that has underpinned the redevelopment of Vӓstra Hamnen’s built environment, and the extent to which these considerations have actively shaped the urban design of the area, for better or worse, in relation to the values Malmö Stad have sought to express through the area’s narrative shift. The research has endeavoured to achieve the aforementioned aims by way of qualitative semi-structured interviews with participants from three different professional backgrounds, each of whom has been closely involved in the redevelopment process, as well as through site-visits and observational analysis. LÄS MER