Sökning: "Urban Vulnerable Communities"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 uppsatser innehållade orden Urban Vulnerable Communities.
1. Reaching Those ‘Out-of-Reach’: An Explorative Case-Study of Fire Prevention in Vulnerable Urban Communities within Copenhagen.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Riskhantering (CI)
Sammanfattning : Considering the nature of vulnerability to fires and at-risk groups, the issue is arguably a social problem where spatial analysis has allowed for a greater context, beyond the individual, to be analyzed. Furthermore, reports from fire rescue services of local safety concerns and the convergence of interest between different stakeholders has made communities disposition to fire safety increasingly relevant. LÄS MER
2. ‘What the Monkey ate before, and what he is eating now’ : a small-scale case study of local climate change adaptation in rural NepalMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Community-based adaptation (CBA), a decentralized bottom-up climate planning approach, has become increasingly important in the corresponding literature and in practice. CBA is a significant part of the debate of how to create and provide sustainable and adaptive solutions to the negative effects of climate change. LÄS MER
3. Rolihlahla Village: Bottom-up process for the rehabilitation of human settlements in Port Elizabeth, South AfricaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : Are our cities prepared for the growing and rapid urbanization expected for the coming years? How do the new social, economic and environmental challenges affect the urban context, specifically informal settlements? How can we rethink sustainable urban design in vulnerable areas? To tackle these questions, this study will have a closer look at Port Elizabeth, a coastal city in South Africa, to understand its relevance and challenges. By landing at a specific informal Project Summary settlement, this degree project will reflect on how collaboration is a crucial element for urban design and how it is essential when working with complex communities. LÄS MER
4. An Urgent Crisis of Chronic Neglect: Lessons on Water Justice and Wellbeing in the Time of COVID-19Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The COVID-19 crisis represents a major disruption to societies across the planet, magnifying existing threats to social-ecological resilience. Illustrating these threats are links between inadequate water and sanitation services, climate stressors, and the challenge of coping with a global pandemic. LÄS MER
5. Evaluating structural landscape development in the municipality Upplands-Bro, using landscape metrics indicesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study was to evaluate and describe the landscape development in an area located in the municipality of Upplands-Bro, Sweden. The main hypothesis was that the landscape patterns in the study area have changed, as I expected to discover that the landscape has undergone structural changes, in form of both changed land use and changed landscape patch composition. LÄS MER