Sökning: "Waiting for Godot"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden Waiting for Godot.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för kultur och estetik
Sammanfattning : When the Irish writer Samuel Beckett (1906-1989) wrote Waiting for Godot in 1948-1949 he was in a state of artistic depression and confusion. He had already turned to French instead of English and with a manuscript for the stage he made an effort to get away from what he called ”the awful prose” he was working on at that time. LÄS MER
3. ”Kvinnan föder grensle över en grav” : En studie av det groteska i Samuel Becketts I väntan på GodotKandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för språk, litteratur och interkultur
Sammanfattning : This essay examines the grotesque in Samuel Becketts wellknown play Waiting for Godot. The play is primarily seen as an icon of absurdism, and it is such not appropriate to examine the play as if it belongs to the litterary genre of grotesque. The primary purpose of absurdism is to reveal the pointless- and emptiness of existence. LÄS MER
4. "Well? Shall we go?" "Yes, let's go." [They do not move.] : -Vernacular Comedy and Waiting for Godot.Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : This essay discusses the relationship between the characters Vladimir and Estragon in Samuel Beckett’s play Waiting for Godot and the vernacular clowning tradition. The discussion is supported by analyzing similarities between Waiting for Godot and Mikhail Bakhtin’s concept of grotesque realism as it is presented in his work Rabelais and His World, as well as elements of the Italian Commedia dell’Arte and 20th century silent movie comedy. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : The parrot is a common symbol, or even cliché, in Western literature, going all the way back fromancient Greece to the present date, and in many a genre. This study reads the oeuvre of the NobelPrize winner Samuel Beckett (1906-1989) as being closely related to these certain traditions andconnotations of for example religion, satire, and speaking nonsense, in his frequent use of parrotsand their symbolic potentials, in his writing. LÄS MER