Sökning: "World Bank aid"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 29 uppsatser innehållade orden World Bank aid.
1. En kritisk studie av bistånd och jämställdhetsutveckling inom LDC´sL1-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Foreign aid with the aim to promote gender inequality within low-development countries (LDC´s) has increased significantly during the last decade. According to a report published by the OECD, bilateral assistance from the OECD Assistance Committee (DAC) aimed at increasing gender equality reached an average of 44. LÄS MER
2. Swedish Foreign Aid Engagement in Georgia : Through Neoclassical Realist IncentivesKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : In the wake of World War II, development aid became an important staple in alleviating impacted areas through external economic assistance by supporting infrastructure, income distribution, and inequality, and has become a global channel for less developed countries in an attempt to secure sustained development through the possibility of external inflows of resources. A rather crude measure of global foreign aid net flow for 2020 is around $194. LÄS MER
3. Mining for the low-carbon transition : Conflicting discourses of sacrifice zones and win-win narrativesMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : To support the transition towards a low-carbon economy, mining companies, international financial institutions and governments are preparing to drastically scale up mineral extraction of energy transition minerals such as cobalt and lithium. Mineral extraction, however, has far-reaching impacts on the biophysical environment and mining-affected communities that may become more severe under a changing climate. LÄS MER
4. The Legal Empowerment Paradoxy? : A Critical Exploration of Power Imbalances in the Legal Empowerment Discourse from a Global North/South PerspectiveMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Legal empowerment as a theoretical and practical concept has gained increasing attention in international development. Due to the shifting aid paradigm, caused by the rising of South-South cooperation, legal empowerment’s proposed bottom-up character has challenged the larger conventional top-down approaches to development that traditionally have dominated the development agenda. LÄS MER
5. The Relationship between United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals and Swedish Banks’ Credit Rating of Manufacturing CustomersMaster-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för industriell teknik och management (ITM)
Sammanfattning : The sustainable development of the section providing financing within Swedish banks are going through major challenges and changes. The United Nations is constantly working on improving sustainable directives within all industries to ultimately reach all 17 sustainable development goals that have been set up for a more sustainable world. LÄS MER