Sökning: "aboriginal history"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden aboriginal history.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : The peninsular centre of Newcastle has been disconnected from the city and Sydney with the removal of its train corridor. Using the unique landscape, history and street grid the design rejoins the peninsula both physically and culturally to the site. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö högskola/Fakulteten för kultur och samhälle (KS)
Sammanfattning : The indigenous peoples of Canada have been severely mistreated since the period of European colonization and the founding of the country up to the end of the last century, resulting in serious human rights disparity. Aboriginal leaders, some politicians and members of the public are calling past actions, genocide. LÄS MER
3. A study of the forcible removal of indigenous children in Australia committed by the Australian governmentL2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : The main purpose for the undertaking of this study is to analyze the origin, reason and consequence of the human rights violations committed in Australia, how they could occur after the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and, lastly, the reason for their survival and continuation until the early 1970's. This study will also cast a light on the particular case concerning the removal of the aboriginal children from their families following the international law and conventions ratified by Australia, and whether the Australian government compromised certain human rights during their implementation. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Socialhögskolan
Sammanfattning : Problems in social work with aboriginal clients in Australia are analysed in this thesis. The cultural collision between Western social workers and aboriginal clients is interpreted as the result of poor insight into the culturally determined worldview, the value system, norms and conceptions held by many aboriginal clients. LÄS MER
5. White Fellas Owning the Land, Black Fellas Belonging to the Land: Mapping Institutionalised Racism in AustraliaMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Access to resources and the holding of dominant perceptions about the environment is about power, the thesis is looking deeper into the structures that allow a new form of nuclear colonisation to control the life of the Aboriginal people in the South Australian desert. The question of the thesis is whether the Department of Education Science and Training has produced a Draft EIS containing a racist discourse. LÄS MER