Sökning: "acts of citizenship"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 uppsatser innehållade orden acts of citizenship.
1. ”Jag är papperslös. Jag får inte ta min rättvisa.” En kvalitativ studie om papperslösa personers situation och strategierKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Socialhögskolan
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to investigate how undocumented migrants in Sweden describe their situation and which strategies they develop to handle their situation. The method being used has a qualitative approach and the material was collected through semi structured interviews with five individuals who live or have lived previously as undocumented migrants in Sweden. LÄS MER
2. Illegitimate Principles of Exclusion? : The Debate on Denationalization as an Instrument for Counter-terrorism in the United Kingdom.Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The issue of citizenship deprivation has become an increasingly relevant topic in the struggle against terrorism. It is related to different conceptions of citizenship as well as the question of what is at stake in the process of depriving individuals of it. LÄS MER
3. Leave No One Behind – But What About the ‘Scum of the Earth’? : A Discourse Analysis Based on Theories by Arendt and Agamben on Rohingya and StatelessnessKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to understand the situation of Rohingya through the concept of statelessness and to illustrate the importance of citizenship in relation to human rights. The Rohingya minority has for a long period of time been victims of violence and discrimination by the Myanmar government and military. LÄS MER
4. ”By the iron hand of oppression" : The performance of the parliamentary election contest in Nottingham and Middlesex 1802-1803Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to investigate how politics was done at the level of the parliamentary constituencies at the time of the treaty of Amiens 1802-1803. This is achieved through two case studies of the elections in Middlesex and Nottingham, which are investigated as social practices. LÄS MER
5. State compensation as trafficking victims' recall for justice. : -A comparative study of the implementation of trafficking victims' right to state compensation in five EU-member states, as a measure of transnational justice and equality before the law.Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : State compensation is considered a complementary tool for victims of crimes’ access to restorative justice. Particular benefits with state compensation for trafficked persons is the non-involvement of the offender, which by the nature of the crime usually implies a major obstacle for their access to financial compensation. LÄS MER