Sökning: "alternative media"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 346 uppsatser innehållade orden alternative media.
- Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/JMG - Inst f journalistik och masskomm
Sammanfattning : The question of how trust in news media relates to news media exposure patterns attracts considerable attention from both scholars and society in general. Many previous studies have found that trust in news media positively relates to mainstream media exposure and negatively relates to non-mainstream media exposure, including online and social media news. LÄS MER
2. Media use and subjective social cohesion. Examining the reciprocal relationship between use and subjective social cohesion.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : There is quite a broad consensus among scholars about the importance of social cohesion. However, the field has often been criticised for the lack of agreement regarding the conceptualisation of social cohesion. Without a consolidated concept, the field has struggled to accumulate empirical data on the phenomenon. LÄS MER
3. WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO PUNISH THE CORRUPT? An experiment on the impact of clean alternatives and information credibility in elections featuring corruptionKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : A recurrent issue in democratic societies is the re-election of corrupt politicians to public office. Researchers have identified several causes for why this may be. LÄS MER
4. Gender dynamics in media-driven belief polarization - disentangling reinforcing processes behind media usage and perception of societal issuesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : In academia as well as in mainstream media, people are voicing concern that a fragmented media environment, entailing an immense increase of alternative media, may motivate selective exposure, in turn leading to increasingly polarized perceptions of society among the public. Consulting the theory of reinforcing spirals (RSM), there is ample evidence for a reciprocal relationship between selective media exposure and sociotropic beliefs – potentially sparking polarization dynamics. LÄS MER
5. CULTIVATION EFFECTS IN A FRAGMENTED MEDIA ENVIRONMENT. Examining the reciprocal relationship between selective media use and crime perceptionsMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : Our media environment has changed rapidly since the cultivation theory was proposed by Gerbner in the late '60s. The amount of news media content has increased to an unprecedented level and the surge of alternative media sites has given news media consumers the option to selectively expose themselves to news that conveys a version of reality which is aligned with their own perceptions. LÄS MER