Sökning: "armed conflict"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 244 uppsatser innehållade orden armed conflict.
1. “Development is the new Peace”: A case study on Pastoral Social Pasto’s role as a local actor in the peacebuilding process in the Colombian region of NariñoMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to analyze the role of Pastoral Social Pasto as a case of a local actor within the peacebuilding process in the Colombian region Nariño. Colombia suffered from an internal armed conflict that endured over five decades. LÄS MER
2. Assessing the Impact of Gender Sensitive Truth Commissions : Comparative analysis of South Africa and Sierra LeoneMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : Much has been studied about the impact of transitional justice mechanisms as well as gendered impactof armed conflict. However, less is known about the gendered impact of transitional justice, includingtruth commissions. LÄS MER
3. Civilian Agency in Contexts of Organized Criminal Violence : The case of the bandas criminales in ColombiaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : While research increasingly recognizes the importance of civilian agency and strategies in influencing conflict dynamics and reducing civilian victimization in the context of armed conflict, research has until now not investigated whether civilians also have the capacity to limit organized criminal violence. This study thus aims to answer under which conditions civilians can protect themselves from and influence levels of organized criminal violence and draws on the literatures on civilian self-protection and autonomy strategies in the context of armed conflict, as well as on organized criminal governance and violence. LÄS MER
4. Peace in the peaks? Changes in water and land distribution in Colombia’s southern highlands during the Post-Peace Agreement phaseMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Governance of environmental resources plays a key role in enhancing or hindering progress towards peace in post-conflict societies. Two years after the signing of the Peace Agreement between the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) and the government of Colombia, new dynamics on natural resource and land-use are leading to environmental harm in some regions. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER