Sökning: "australia aboriginal"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden australia aboriginal.
1. Where Life Takes Place, Where Place Makes Life : Theoretical Approaches to the Australian Aboriginal Conceptions of PlaceMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Religionsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this essay has been to relate the Australian Aboriginal conceptions of place to three different theoretical perspectives on place, to find what is relevant in the Aboriginal context, and what is not. The aim has been to find the most useful theoretical approaches for further studies on the Australian Aboriginal conceptions of place. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : The peninsular centre of Newcastle has been disconnected from the city and Sydney with the removal of its train corridor. Using the unique landscape, history and street grid the design rejoins the peninsula both physically and culturally to the site. LÄS MER
3. I drömfabriken. Om hur produktionen av konst vid ett australiensiskt art center påverkas av kommersiella intressen.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Socialantropologi
Sammanfattning : This Masters thesis in social anthropology describe and explore how commercial interests have affected the production of art at an aboriginal art centre in the heart of Australia. The study is based on ethnographic fieldwork during six weeks in the end of 2014. LÄS MER
4. A study of the forcible removal of indigenous children in Australia committed by the Australian governmentL2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : The main purpose for the undertaking of this study is to analyze the origin, reason and consequence of the human rights violations committed in Australia, how they could occur after the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and, lastly, the reason for their survival and continuation until the early 1970's. This study will also cast a light on the particular case concerning the removal of the aboriginal children from their families following the international law and conventions ratified by Australia, and whether the Australian government compromised certain human rights during their implementation. LÄS MER
5. When State says Yes, but Country says No – localizing a conflict in a globalized world. A case study of motivation and perceptions of change through participation in the campaign against the Browse LNG Precinct, AustraliaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : In the wake of the state government of Western Australia presenting a plan to develop a liquefied natural gas precinct, a campaign was sparked, drawing Aboriginal peoples, community members, ‘outsiders’ and environmental groups to vocally question the intentions of the proponents through on-site blockades and the social media. This thesis presents a case study of arguments and motivations for people to engage in the campaign, and perceived changes from this engagement. LÄS MER