Sökning: "bilateral aid"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 54 uppsatser innehållade orden bilateral aid.
1. DOES FOREIGN AID PROMOTE HUMAN RIGHTS? Evidence from a quantitative large-N study of 121 aid-receiving countries, 2003-2021Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Human rights are in crisis. Even if the Universal Declaration of Human Rights celebrates 75 years in 2023, the anniversary comes at a time when the world is experiencing human suffering so grave that international human rights organizations are alerting for a global human rights crisis. LÄS MER
2. THE ROLE OF DEMOCRACY IN THE SELECTION OF AID RECIPIENTS A Case Study Investigating the Decision-Making Process of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to explore how the level of democracy in recipient countries affects the decision-making process of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) when determining whether to provide aid to state or non-state actors. While existing research has predominantly focused on donor motivations and interests based on aid allocation patterns, little attention has been given to the selection process employed by donor agencies and the factors that guide this process. LÄS MER
3. IMPORTED LABOUR: THE KEY TO SUCCESSFUL NORM TRANSFER IN IDEA-DRIVEN AID? How the Solidarity Norm was Transferred in the Swedish-Vietnamese Aid Project Bai BangKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Norms present at the international arena is a topic of interest for researchers belonging to the school of constructivism. One being Stålgren (2006), who claims that the core norms in idea-driven projects risks being unsuccessfully transferred to domestic implementation, as there often is a conflict between the international decision-makers and the domestic actors’ constructions of reality. LÄS MER
4. From Neutrality to Post-Neutrality? : A Case Study on Tunisia's Shift from Neutrality in the Dispute of Western SaharaKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis seeks to investigate the shifting role of the Republic of Tunisia in the North African region of Maghreb, where Tunisia has maintained its neutrality in the dispute of Western Sahara. Lately, however, Tunisia’s foreign policy manoeuvres have demonstrated a shift from its neutrality to post-neutrality. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Sociologi
Sammanfattning : This study is an investigative inquiry into the nature of foreign aid and its impact on Nigeria’s economic development. The role of foreign aid in the growth process of developing countries has been an issue of intense debate. Foreign aid is an important issue given its implications for poverty reduction in developing countries. LÄS MER