Sökning: "bilingual students"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 64 uppsatser innehållade orden bilingual students.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : We live in an increasingly interconnected world where being bilingual or multilingual is the norm. Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) is an effective way to practice important skills for global citizens. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This study examines supplementary English instruction as a supportive method in optimizing English input in Swedish multilingual classes in grades 1-3. Sweden has a high English proficiency and Swedish children enter school with increasingly advanced levels of English. LÄS MER
3. Latvian Language Policy : Unifying or Polarizing? Reconstructing the Political Debate on Language Reform in the Latvian Education SystemMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för ekonomisk och industriell utveckling
Sammanfattning : Languages are not just systems for communication, they are also often a marker of ethnic and/or national identity and sometimes a politically contentious issue. A country where this is the case is Latvia, which has a large Russian-speaking population. During the Soviet occupation of Latvia, Russian became the dominant language in public life. LÄS MER
4. Lived Experiences of a High-Status Language in a Low-Status Medium : Swedish Bilingual Students’ Investment in English Mother Tongue InstructionMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för språkdidaktik
Sammanfattning : Sweden is one of few countries offering mother tongue instruction (MTI) to students in compulsory education with a native language other than Swedish. Traditionally research has focussed on the benefits of MTI as a space for the development of minority languages despite the logistical and ideological hindrances in execution that have resulted in the subject’s low status. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : With the rich history of territorial conquest on the island of Malta, each regime has left its mark on the small archipelago, especially with each linguistic conquest, a new language was formed, influenced and fortified to what we know now as Maltese. Within this thesis we will identify the factors of these regimes which have led Malta to become a bilingual nation. LÄS MER