Sökning: "blue mussels"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 16 uppsatser innehållade orden blue mussels.
- Magister-uppsats, Högskolan i Halmstad/Akademin för ekonomi, teknik och naturvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Copper (Cu) is a heavy metal that is essential for life but toxic at high concentrations. This toxic effect is used on boats to prevent biofouling on boat hulls by painting the hulls with antifouling paint that contain high levels of Cu. The Cu is slowly diffused out in the water and accumulated by animals higher up in the food chain. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Industriell miljöteknik; Linköpings universitet/Industriell miljöteknik
Sammanfattning : Eutrophication is a consequence of excess nutrients in the water which leads to increased algaegrowth, reduced water transparency and hypoxic bottoms. This is the biggest environmental problemfor the Baltic Sea which recently has resulted in stricter legislations and other initiatives to help theBaltic Sea to recover. LÄS MER
3. Can the native shore crabs (Carcinus maenas) become a barrier to the invasion of the round goby (Neogobius melanostomus) in Öresund, southern Baltic Sea?Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Examensarbeten i biologi
Sammanfattning : The round goby (Neogobius melanostomus) is a non-indigenous species to the Baltic Sea that has drawn the attention of many researchers in the last decade due to its rapid spreading and its impact on the local fauna. With recent concerns about the dispersal of the round goby towards the North Sea, the aim of this study was to determine if the native shore crab could compete with the invaders and prevent their advance. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Energy and Technology
Sammanfattning : With an increasing world population and meat consumption the black soldier fly (BSF; Hermetia illucens) shows potential as feed for animals, while recycling nutrients from food waste. To produce larvae of high quality as animal feed, further understanding is needed of how the substrate affects the nutritional composition of the larvae. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för biologisk grundutbildning
Sammanfattning : My study confirms that there are phenotypic plastic traits in blue mussels (Mytilus edulis) inresponse to predatory pressure from shore crabs (Carcinus maenas) and sea stars (Asteriasrubens) and a combination of them. Blue mussels can sense predators by olfactory cues fromthe predators themselves, or by alarm cues from attacked conspecifics, and then developinducible defences. LÄS MER