Sökning: "bretton woods institutions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 uppsatser innehållade orden bretton woods institutions.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : The ever-growing trends of globalization and open capital markets have changed world economics and the cooperation of monetary and political institutions. Since the breakdown of the Bretton-Woods system, defending the home currency has no longer been the main target for central banks. LÄS MER
2. Rational Institutional Design of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank: Bounded Rationality Embedded in A Change-through-Continuity CharacteristicMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för öst- och sydöstasienstudier
Sammanfattning : As a Chinese initiative, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a newly established multilateral financial institution which addresses the daunting infrastructure demands across Asia and furthers interconnectivity and economic development through advancement in infrastructure and other productive sectors. AIIB is envisaged to be built into a first-class multilateral development institution with 21st century governance, to cooperate with and be complementary to existing financial institutions. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The G20 leaders forum was created as a response to the economic and financial crisis of 2008-2009. However, well before the crisis, calls for a new order in global economic governance had mounted as the credibility and importance of existing patterns of global governance had waned. LÄS MER
4. Power and Ownership : A critical analysis of the Bretton Woods Institutions' Country Owned Poverty Reduction StrategiesMagister-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för ekonomisk och industriell utveckling
Sammanfattning : Previously, studies in the intersection of power and development have predominantly concentrated on power as domination; how powerful actors can force recipient countries into embracing specific policies due to economical asymmetries. Yet, with the introduction of the Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers (PRSP) approach to development employed by the Bretton Woods Institutions (BWI), conditions on certain policies have decreased and it is said that the approach allows for country ownership as development strategies are written by the countries themselves. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The paper provides a description of conditionality mainly focusing on the years 1995-2005. Initially, the two main theoretical approaches to conditionality, the principal agent model and the political economy approach, are outlined. LÄS MER