Sökning: "carbon stocks"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 38 uppsatser innehållade orden carbon stocks.
1. Sustainable Investment Strategies : A Quantitative Evaluation of Sustainable Investment Strategies For Index FundsUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för matematik och matematisk statistik; Umeå universitet/Institutionen för matematik och matematisk statistik
Sammanfattning : Modern society is faced with the complex and intractable challenge of global warming, along with other environmental issues that could potentially alter our way of life if not managed properly. Is it possible that financial markets and equity investors could have a huge part to play in the transformation towards a greener and more sustainable world? Previous studies about investment strategies regarding sustainability have for the most part been centered around possibly less objective ESG-scores or around carbon and GHG-emissions only, with little or no consideration for water usage and waste management. LÄS MER
2. Effects of land use on wetland carbon storage and ecosystem services in the tropics : A first estimation investing rural wetlands in central and eastern UgandaMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Wetlands provide important ecosystem services (ES) by storing large amounts of organic carbon (OC) and being of high biological, cultural, and economical value. Uganda is covered by vast wetland areas but has with a booming population rapidly been decreasing due to pressure on lands. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : Until year 2050 the world population will be increased with more than two billion people, this will lead to high demands of food supply. At the same time many of the worlds fish stocks are overfished or under a lot of pressure due to the environment. LÄS MER
4. Above- and belowground carbon stocks and effects of enrichment planting in a tropical secondary lowland dipterocarp rainforestMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Forest Ecology and Management
Sammanfattning : The intact tropical rainforests are rapidly being degraded and subsequently converted to other land uses, with associated greenhouse gas emissions and loss of biodiversity. It is imperative that the effects of such conversions and large-scale restoration efforts on forest structure and ecosystem services are understood to effectively be able to counteract the negative consequences of deforestation and forest degradation. LÄS MER
5. Optimisation before growth: New property formations for a resource-efficient use of the existing building stockMaster-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : The building industry accounts for around one third of the total energy use and GHG emissions in Sweden. Despite the implementation of energy efficiency measures focusing on new buildings, embodied impacts from material extraction, manufacturing, construction and maintenance have grown in significant proportions. LÄS MER