Sökning: "carbon stocks"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 35 uppsatser innehållade orden carbon stocks.
1. Effects of land use on wetland carbon storage and ecosystem services in the tropics : A first estimation investing rural wetlands in central and eastern UgandaMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Wetlands provide important ecosystem services (ES) by storing large amounts of organic carbon (OC) and being of high biological, cultural, and economical value. Uganda is covered by vast wetland areas but has with a booming population rapidly been decreasing due to pressure on lands. LÄS MER
2. Optimisation before growth: New property formations for a resource-efficient use of the existing building stockMaster-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : The building industry accounts for around one third of the total energy use and GHG emissions in Sweden. Despite the implementation of energy efficiency measures focusing on new buildings, embodied impacts from material extraction, manufacturing, construction and maintenance have grown in significant proportions. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Matematisk statistik
Sammanfattning : Responsible investing consists of buying more sustainable stocks, or green stocks, and selling the controversial ones. As a pension fund, and with the current climate regulations, it is a concern for Första AP-fonden to know if responsible investing is a plus value for financial aspects. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för biologisk grundutbildning
Sammanfattning : Over the last few decades, many krill stocks have declined in size and number,likely as a consequence of global climate change (Siegel 2016). A major risk factoris the increased level of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the ocean. LÄS MER
5. Carbon sequestration in topsoil for forage-based cropping systems : an analysis of Swedish long-term experiments and SOC modellingMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Ecology
Sammanfattning : C sequestration in soils is a potential way to mitigate climate change and increase the fertility of arable soils. Ley has long been known to deliver more C to its root systems compared to annual crops. Therefore, it has been suggested as a potential C sequestration strategy. LÄS MER