Sökning: "career challenges"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 61 uppsatser innehållade orden career challenges.
1. Challenges experienced by female executive managers with children - A study of work-life balance, glass ceiling and gender gap within management in SwedenMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Academic research has tried to explain the challenges women in executive positions face in connection to work-life balance, glass ceiling and the gender gap in management. However, these previous studies have been made mainly quantitatively. Therefore, this study aims to go beyond the numbers by using a qualitative research approach. LÄS MER
2. Part-time Humanitarians : International volunteers in the humanitarian response to the 'European refugee crisis' in GreeceMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Focusing on the case study of the so-called ‘European refugee crisis’ in Greece since 2015, the research highlights new insights into the motivations, experiences, and challenges of international volunteers in humanitarian relief operations. Unlike previous analyses on volunteer motivations, this study’s analytical framework is built on a combination of the functional (psychological) and symbolic (sociological) approach to the theory of motivation. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Örebro universitet/Institutionen för humaniora, utbildnings- och samhällsvetenskap; Örebro universitet/Institutionen för humaniora, utbildnings- och samhällsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Throughout history women have been excluded from leading positions. Today, however, there is an equal gender distribution among Swedish managers, which by some is seen as a result of the Nordic model. Despite this, current statistics show that women tend to have a greater responsibility over child rearing and household duties. LÄS MER
4. Possibilities and Challenges for Female PhD Students in Tanzania : A field study covering current conditions for Tanzanian women undertaking their PhD degree at the Department of Mathematics, University of Dar es SalaamKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Kulturgeografiska institutionen; Uppsala universitet/Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : At the largest university in Tanzania, University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), the gender distribution is unequal. At the University’s Department of Mathematics (DoM), the number of women ranges between 20-30 %. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Blekinge Tekniska Högskola/Institutionen för programvaruteknik; Blekinge Tekniska Högskola/Institutionen för programvaruteknik
Sammanfattning : Today’s labor market is teeming with software development jobs, and employeesare needed more than ever. With this statement, one would believe it is easy fora newly graduated student to start their career. LÄS MER