Sökning: "catchment behavior"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 14 uppsatser innehållade orden catchment behavior.
1. Impact of Extreme Rainfall Event over Swedish Urban Catchments : A study on catchment characterization in the context of Aerial Reduction Factor and storm movementMaster-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : The design practices of urban hydraulic structures are required to be based on enough safety measures in addition to cost efficiency for sustainable development. Overestimation of catchment runoff generated from a storm event can increase the project cost unnecessarily. LÄS MER
2. Bike-and-ride in a suburban environment : An analysis of methods to increase bike-and-ride in KnivstaMaster-uppsats, KTH/Urbana och regionala studier
Sammanfattning : When striving to develop towards sustainability, reducing private car use is a crucial factor. The most convenient alternative is to replace the private car with public transport. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Permafrost is a strongly controlling factor on Arctic hydrology due to its effect on ground permeability, and thus surface and ground water flow paths. As wildfires are increasing in occurrence and magnitude in permafrost regions, they may alter the hydrological regime via permafrost thaw and degradation that increases ground permeability. LÄS MER
4. Investigating the impact of the Millennium Drought on catchment water balance : A study of four catchments in Victoria, AustraliaMaster-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : Southeast Australia have between 1997-2009 experienced a severe drought, referred to as the Millennium Drought. During these years the region experienced a 11.4% decline in mean annual rainfall, an unprecedented decrease in runoff and a decline in soil moisture and groundwater storage. LÄS MER
5. Modeling copper pollution from road Runoff in a peri-urban catchment in Portugal by using MIKE SHE, and MIKE 11 coupled with ECO LabMaster-uppsats, KTH/Mark- och vattenteknik (flyttat 20130630)
Sammanfattning : Economic development in an area attracts more people to live in it. This increment drives the necessity to improve available infrastructure, like roads for instance, to satisfy a higher demand. LÄS MER