Sökning: "classical Japanese"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden classical Japanese.
1. Translating Ogura Hyakunin Isshu – An analysis of translating decorative language from Japanese to EnglishKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : A bachelor's thesis which analyses translating classical Japanese poetry to English through a case-study design, with in-depth analysis of four different translations by three different translators of five poems from Hyakunin Isshu. The focus in the analysis lies on the decorative language used in classical Japanese poetry... LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : The purpose of the present study is to carry out a pilot investigation on the use of katakana ina modern Japanese essay, and to compare how the usage of katakana differs between dailynewspaper and a modern essay. Among the words written in katakana, special focus wasgiven to the higairaigo, which are normally written in kanzi or hiragana. LÄS MER
3. The Hyakunin Isshu translated into Danish : Inherent difficulties in translation and differences from English & Swedish versionsKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Japanska
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, translation of classic Japanese poetry into Danish will be examined in the form of analysing translations of the Ogura Hyakunin Isshu. Difficulties will be surveyed, and ways of handling them will be suggested. Furthermore, differences between the Danish translations and those of English and Swedish translations will be noted. LÄS MER
4. Bad or even worse : Exploring the critical decisions of Japan in 1940 and 1941, in the light of contemporary neoclassical realismL2-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Statsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Several contemporary theories in the neo-realist corpus, modifies earlier assumptions about unit level behavior. The explanatory value of these theories has to be tested. The aim of this research, was to test the explanatory value of Davide Fiammenghis theory about the security curve, and Nuno P. Monteiros theory about unipolarity. LÄS MER
5. Low–voltage External Discharge Plasma Thruster and Hollow Cathodes Plasma Plume Diagnostics Utilising Electrostatic Probes and Retarding Potential AnalyserMaster-uppsats, Luleå tekniska universitet/Rymdteknik
Sammanfattning : The present thesis is the result of a research period at the Institute of Space and Astronautical Science of the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency, ISAS/JAXA within Funaki Laboratory of the Department of Space Flight Systems that followed the path of plume plasma diagnostics for space electric propulsion drives. During the experimental studies two high-current hollow cathodes and an innovative prototype of a low-voltage fully external discharge plasma thruster (XPT) had their plasma plumes diagnosed using electrostatic probes and retarding potential analyser (RPA). LÄS MER