Sökning: "climate adaptation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 759 uppsatser innehållade orden climate adaptation.
1. Planning for heat resilience - A comparative study between Greater Gothenburg´s and Skåne´s work on heatMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Due to climate change, it is expected that heat waves will be intensified and occur more frequently in Sweden; hence, heat-related risks are anticipated to increase, i.e., morbidity and mortality. Through heat mitigation strategies, risks associated with heat can be prevented. LÄS MER
2. Staying Afloat - Examining the Resilience of the European Inland Waterway Transportation Industry in the Face of Climate Related Disruptions: A Policy and Resilience AnalysisMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : Due to its lower emissions in comparison to other modes of transport, inland waterway transportation (IWT) has been increasingly considered a sustainable option by the European Union (EU), prompting a focus on transitioning towards it in recent years. However, the impact of climate change has led to a rise in extreme weather events, including floods and droughts, over the past few decades. LÄS MER
3. TRADITIONAL ECOLOGICAL KNOWLEDGE IN AGRICULTURE FOR ADAPTATION/ RESILIENCE TO CLIMATE CHANGE: HIGH MOUNTAIN ASIAMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Mountain agricultural systems in the Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH) are in a unique position to contribute to promoting nature-based solutions in adaptation and resilience to climate change since they are least impacted by the influence of commercial high-production agriculture. This study aims to explore currently available literature for evidence of Traditional Ecological Knowledge (TEK) based agriculture in the HKH region and analyse their contribution to region and location specific climate change adaptation. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Climate change is steadily warming our planet and it is of utmost importance to act now to provide a sustainable planet for future generations. Taxes and laws have been shown to be effective ways to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. Taxes are strongly associated with politics and ideology. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Kemiteknik (CI)
Sammanfattning : Proper management of water resources is a key to climate change adaptation and resilience in modern societies. Adequate treatment of wastewater is essential for ensuring the sustainability of the water cycle and the health of the environment and the ecosystems that inhabit it. LÄS MER