Sökning: "climate resilience"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 214 uppsatser innehållade orden climate resilience.
1. The intraspecific drought tolerance of Betula pendula Roth. : ecotypic aptitude as tree selection criteria for the urban landscapeMaster-uppsats, SLU/Department of Plant Breeding (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : The ecosystem services provided by urban trees are substantial contributors to the quality of urban living, and their environmentally regulating capabilities are increasingly regarded as integral in order to efficiently secure urban resilience, by ameliorating the human and material impacts of extreme weather events. However, current trends of urban development presents challenges of how to preserve urban greenery ecosystem functioning, particularly in light of the ongoing climate change; which also has brought forth the importance of taxonomically diverse urban forests, to mitigate risks of catastrophic tree loss associated with these conditions. LÄS MER
2. Urban infrastructure inundation risk from permanent sea-level rise scenarios in London (UK), Bangkok (Thailand) and Mumbai (India): A comparative analysisMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Due to anthropogenically created climate change, global cities are facing inundation by rising sea levels. This study aimed to fill knowledge gaps in understanding the exposure of urban infrastructure such as roads, railways, buildings and parks to sea-level rise (SLR) scenarios, and how this would affect local populations. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Urbana och regionala studier
Sammanfattning : Over the past decades, the fast-changing global climate poses a significant challenge to many cities around the world to embrace resilience concepts, whereby a safe-to-fail planning approach replaces traditional fail-safe practices. The change in perspectives has seen an increase in climate-adapted infrastructural projects being integrated with the new urban planning agendas across the world. LÄS MER
4. Effects of the 2018 drought on mire productivity in Skogaryd - Evaluation of ground sensors, satellite data and meteorological dataMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The drought is a complex meteorological phenomenon associated with low precipitation and low water saturation in atmosphere, soils and plants and can has a great effect on aboveground biomass and change the structure and function of the ecosystems. The droughts also are known to reduce the primary and secondary productivity of vegetation. LÄS MER
5. Hantering av dagvatten och skyfall med helhetsperspektiv och riskhänsyn – Planering för ett hållbart samhälleUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Teknisk vattenresurslära
Sammanfattning : This master thesis aims to investigate how two hydrological principles, increased awareness of the whole catchment area and planning urban environments in a smart way with respect to flood risk, can contribute to a more sustainable municipal planning and management of stormwater and cloudbursts. By combining analysis of municipal planning instruments and interviews with professionals with insights into the municipal cloudburst and stormwater management, the study examines how integrating these principles in the planning can contribute to increased resilience, climate adaptation and risk management in urban areas. LÄS MER