Sökning: "coastal fishery"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden coastal fishery.
1. Analysing the seal-fishery conflict in the Baltic Sea and exploring new ways of looking at marine mammal movement dataMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Wildlife, Fish and Environmental Studies
Sammanfattning : A comprehensive analysis of the available data reveals that there is currently not enough information for making informed management decisions regarding the seal-fishery conflict in the Baltic Sea. Knowledge of hidden and visual damages is limited, which means that the actual cost to the fishing industry from damages is not known. LÄS MER
2. ”At least they can´t buy the sun quotas” - A case study on the part played by Individual Tradable fishing Quotas in the articulation of identity narratives in Råå, SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : In 2009, an extensive reform of the Swedish fisheries was implemented. After several decades of regulation based on the principle of fish resource as common property, fish was put in a system of Individual Transferable Quotas (ITQs) and released from the state and given to vessel owners. LÄS MER
3. Attack behavior and presence of grey seals around pots : a search for seal-safe cod-pots in the Baltic seaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. Of Aquatic Resources
Sammanfattning : The seals and the fishery are forced to share the role as top-predators in the Baltic waters since they both depend on the same fish stocks, which leads to an unavoidable competition. Seals are raiding traps, leading not only to costly damaged fishing gears and loss in fish catch but also to the seals themselves getting caught and drowned in the gears as by-catch. LÄS MER
4. Self-Governance in the Commons - A study of social control in Swedish recreational lobster fisheriesKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : Most of the natural resources we rely on for our existence on this planet could in one way or another be a subject to overexploitation through tragedy of the commons. Tragedy of the commons occurs when rational individuals all acting in their own self-interest creates a situation that is suboptimal for everyone involved (Hardin, 1968). LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Teknisk vattenresurslära
Sammanfattning : The Tam Giang-Cau Hai lagoon is located outside of Hue in central Vietnam. Southeast of Thuan An inlet, one of the two inlets of the lagoon, a groin was constructed in 2008 as a measure to reduce the sediment transport to prevent the inlet from closing. LÄS MER