Sökning: "common-pool resource"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 29 uppsatser innehållade orden common-pool resource.
1. IS TRANSFRONTIER CONSERVATION OVERCOMING THE PITFALLS OF LARGE-SCALE COLLECTIVE ACTION? A case study of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Conservation Area in southern AfricaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Management of migrating resources is typically referring to fish or water, but wildlife such as elephants, rhinos and lions can also classify as a migratory resource. These animals are generally constrained by political borders, but by implementing large wildlife-parks called transfrontier conservation areas the political borders between two or more states are opened. LÄS MER
2. Sharing invisible resources in the age of climate change : a transboundary groundwater sharing agreement in Sahel, Africa, analysed through Ostrom’s design principles for collective actionKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : With climate change and increasing populations, water availability is becoming even more important in the region of Sahel, Africa, where droughts have plagued the states for centuries. In response to this growing concern, seven Sahelian states have initiated cooperation over their shared groundwater resources, an action that is still quite unique globally, given the overlooked status of groundwater. LÄS MER
3. Exogenous Change in the Regeneration of a Common Pool Resource and its Effect on Cooperation and EfficiencyC-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : The natural sciences explain how climate change affects the provision of ecosystem services. Behavioral economists have studied the effects of institutions and social interaction on cooperation, to prevent over-exploitation of common pool resources. LÄS MER
- L2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Denna uppsats studerar genom en jämförande studie korruption utifrån fallen Sverige och Island under tidsperioden 2002 till 2017. Varje stats rättsväsendes - för studien relevanta - lagförändringar jämförs med aspirationen att finna korruptionshämmande effekter inom dessa. LÄS MER
5. LARGE-SCALE COLLECTIVE ACTION OVER WILDLIFE AND NATURAL RESOURCES. Prospects in reaching compliance with conservation rules by resource users: The Case of Kavango Zambezi Conservation AreaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Many of today’s global environmental problems could be mitigated through large-scalecollective action between different actors. Still, most theoretical assumptions on how collectiveaction can be reached over natural resources is based on empirical work within small- tomedium scale common-pool-resources. LÄS MER