Sökning: "concentrating solar thermal"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 20 uppsatser innehållade orden concentrating solar thermal.
1. Introducing a central receiver system for industrial high-temperature process heat applications : A techno-economic case study of a large-scale CST plant system in a South African manganese sinter plantMaster-uppsats, KTH/Kraft- och värmeteknologi; KTH/Kraft- och värmeteknologi
Sammanfattning : The objective of this thesis was to investigate the potential for introducing a concentrating solar thermal (CST) central receiver plant system based on flexible heliostats - HelioPods - to provide high-temperature process heat in industrial applications. A CST plant system was designed in MATLAB, optically simulated for three design days in the ray-tracing software Tonatiuh and further analyzed in MATLAB by interpolating the results for each hour of the year. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för tillämpad fysik och elektronik
Sammanfattning : Absolicon Solar Collector AB in Härnösand, Sweden, develops concentrating solar collectors with a parabolic trough. In the solar collector trough, there is thermal loss due to convection. A convection suppressor was made and used as a method to reduce thermal loss due to convection in the trough. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Energiteknik
Sammanfattning : In this thesis report for Dalarna University in Borlange and Absolicon company the study of a possibility to add an array of concentrating solar collectors to a Torsång district heating system was done. The whole idea of this work was to make a simulation of this kind of system, trying to get 15-20% of solar fraction, and make an economical evaluation. LÄS MER
4. Investigating an electroplating method of Co-Cr alloys : A design of experiment approach to determine the impact of key factors on the electroplating processUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för tillämpad fysik och elektronik
Sammanfattning : Solar energy is increasingly being considered a promising solution to reduce the emissions of CO2 and green house gas. The performance of solar collectors largely depends on the ability to absorb incoming solar radiation with minimal thermal radiation losses. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Energiteknik; KTH/Energiteknik
Sammanfattning : In the context of climate change the world is facing an increasing need to become more environmentally sustainable, and a concerted effort to use renewable energy is required in order to decrease emissions, meet climate goals and prepare for the post-oil era. Solar energy is an area with great potential, and developments in solar energy technologies have increased rapidly. LÄS MER